Some Pro traders feedback please !!!

I'm working with a guy from Sweden. The challenge is to try to predict when a waterfall happens.
    We are using the ADX. I do hope this image is large enough to see. Can use your input interpreting the ADX with the waterfalls you see on chart. thanks
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	Waterfall1.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	3944

Lol anyone know work around to be able to attach a full size pic on this site and not have it a thumbnail size.
    It's very frustrating this is the only forum that this happens.
    I found something about pics and attaching them I will share it here so the ext poor guy doesn't go crazy trying to attach pics and they always come out small even though any plce else they come out normal size.
    What I have to do with each pick is to open it up with paint and then save it and then the size stays the same but you can't use things that other traders use sch as light shot which I always use and just post them they will come small.
    So paint works for me
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails eurusd-m1-hf-markets-ltd-4.jpg
    Last edited by randy1953; 02-05-2016 at 12:25 AM.

Upload JPEG, it should work.
    No I don't know what waterfall is and I don't use ADX. Sorry. Trying to code it?
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Sure Okane you know what a waterfall is maybe a different name when the price continues to go in one direction with no retrace at all that's a waterfall.It's a killer to some strategies that count on a reversal. Not trying to code it but trying to find a good way to see it coming
    I normally use Jpeg sometimes png what I finally found that works is it I save it in paint then it comes out normal..odd but it works
    Last edited by randy1953; 02-05-2016 at 12:34 AM.

I use png format to upload the image.

I'm sorry I don't use ADX trading indicators.Also waterfall I don't use in my analysis.I use bullish flag.I use double peak/top or double bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1953 View Post
    Sure Okane you know what a waterfall is maybe a different name when the price continues to go in one direction with no retrace at all that's a waterfall.It's a killer to some strategies that count on a reversal. Not trying to code it but trying to find a good way to see it coming
    I normally use Jpeg sometimes png what I finally found that works is it I save it in paint then it comes out normal..odd but it works
    You mean like the recent bullish jump on EUR/USD for example?
    In that case, the easiest way to see if price is about to stop going up is
    to locate next resistance, then wait and see if price gets "exhausted" near it.
    As you saw with EUR/USD, it broke several resistance lines (for example daily resistance 1.10420)
    with great force, so you would know this "waterfall" is strong and should have waited.
    Then it continued up and to EMA 300 which happened to cross the next resistance I placed at around 1.12100.
    Price got exhausted when it went a few pips above this area and you would see it no longer was "fast" and
    could break the line so a retracement was probable.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Looks like your trying to predict rallies with this one, that is more based on events than indicators... I also don't use ADX... and this chart looks pretty messy to me. I don't think I would waste much time with it.

I also hear for the first time waterfall, but understand what you mean. You can name it avalanche or stops cascade. Actually most of the time such moves without retracement at all are based exactely on this - running the price through a wall of stop orders. Each stop level is accelerating the cascade further. This is not something that we can easily predict if it is predictable at all, but when it happens it is recognizable and if we have fast reactions we can trade on it and capture a part of the move, but it needs really quick reactions
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    I also hear for the first time waterfall, but understand what you mean. You can name it avalanche or stops cascade. Actually most of the time such moves without retracement at all are based exactely on this - running the price through a wall of stop orders. Each stop level is accelerating the cascade further. This is not something that we can easily predict if it is predictable at all, but when it happens it is recognizable and if we have fast reactions we can trade on it and capture a part of the move, but it needs really quick reactions
    Yeah, like a short covering move, or a break through resistance, of fall through support, it attracts more buyers/sellers and extends the move... I do't any indicators that predict when that will happen, in my opinion the indicators can give a signal after the move has started ... the moves themselves will be based on an event like I said earlier... good news bad news better than expected news worse than expected news etc.

Thanks guys. I actually work very hard to avoid waterfalls. However it's correct they can help or hurt you account. I think Okane using PA made the most sense to me.