Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A shout/chat box would be very nice !!!

Hi Martin I'm sure you probably have this option for the website program you are running.
    Why not add a shout/chat box running across the top of the page. this way we can chat live with the members.

It will need maintenance all the time... you see all these spammers and scammers lurking around
    and doing useless posts, they would be spamming those chats like crazy if there was one so it would
    require two admins working full-time removing and kicking people and "cleaning the chat"...

Besides we are testing this new Skype group now, see how it goes. After all, the idea is to learn
    so this should fulfill that need.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Not so sure other BO forums have it called trader chat and works well of course these forum put all new members in moderation then once they see it's not a spammer or scammer they are free to go. If you look at out membership it seems so large with truth active members is small. the skype group for trading is a good thing but live chat would also help imho

Hey randy, we will consider such an option, but there are some difficulties for keeping it running. Actually which are the forums you mentioned? It will be interested for me to check. Skype group will be great because it will have real time updates, but also history to check!
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

check out BOE Binary edge forum
    http://www.binaryoptionsedge.com
    A very large forum
    The traders chat is on top

What about the new skype group? Pretty much the same ain't it?
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

BTW - I see you're also a member of BinaryEdge forums. Would love to get some suggestions from you on how to improve CT!
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by randy1953 View Post
    check out BOE Binary edge forum
    http://www.binaryoptionsedge.com
    A very large forum
    The traders chat is on top
    I checked but don’t like the chat window on top of the forum opening page. We will have a Skype based trading group and it will be dedicated for trading education, not for bla-bla chatting. Direct communication is always a good channel but in our view it is much better to post in the forum and everybody can see it, not only the people who are online at the exact moment you are posting.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    I checked but don’t like the chat window on top of the forum opening page. We will have a Skype based trading group and it will be dedicated for trading education, not for bla-bla chatting. Direct communication is always a good channel but in our view it is much better to post in the forum and everybody can see it, not only the people who are online at the exact moment you are posting.
    I really disagree but will respect that. A chat box is great when you have a current problem and need a fix now instead of waiting a day and hope the correct person that can help you sees your message. Plus many other very positive things by having direct communication but hey it's not my forum.
    the Skype group is great but it doesn't replace the ability to go online put your question or problem in and have hopefully a answer in a few mins.
    I think the only reason you don't have one is that it would require more monitoring which I understand but to me esp on a forum that teaches and helps it's almost a must have. Honestly when I joined I was surprised we never had a place to chat.

Anyhow it doesn't mean this is not a excellent forum that's why I'm still here.
    Thanks for checking it out

Also having a chat box it can be anywhere doesn't even need to be visible unless you wish to chat.
    Already with Skype I sent a couple of text messages asking if anyone was there and received no response.
    Last edited by randy1953; 01-11-2016 at 01:08 AM.

Hi all,

I just want to give my own opinion on this. In the CommuniTraders-Live skype group I actually asked earlier about any consideration for a slack.com group. Personally I prefer the more instant communication, be that trading chat or just in general connect with other people with similar interest.

Slack.com is pretty cool, for those who does not know it, it is a little bit like IRC chat but you can do lots of cool features like creating more channels, invite only certain people to a channel. Upload documents to the channel that can stay for all to get to. you can mention people in a conversation and they will get pinged via email for example if they are not online.

I think such a chat feature would make a nice addition to this site.