Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

The effective edge: PRICE ACTION + MARKET VOLATILITY !!!

Like I've said in 'introduce myself' I'am about to lunch a journal.

My methods:
    1-Trend trading during time of expected great volatility: UK,US,FRANCFURT SESSION OPENS and after high impact news release
    2-Range trading during late US to Tokyo open.

Below is an example of trend trading during late US session on TUE 15 DEC 15. (low volatility> low probability of breakout).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	precl tue 15 dec 15.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	3784

Name:	Capturepr.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	3785
    http://imgur.com/BXnMZYi
    Last edited by alm_hd; 12-17-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Today's late US range trading: 17/12/2015 !!!

My methods:
    1-Trend trading during time of expected great volatility: UK,US,FRANCFURT SESSION OPENS and after high impact news release
    2-Range trading during late US to Tokyo open. (I've got the best performance here).

I've had only one opportunity today. I avoid to chase entries!! I'll link the screen record video after editing.

Name:	precl thu 17dec 15.jpg 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	3786
    http://imgur.com/a/TqgNq

Name:	Capturepr1.jpg 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	3787
    http://i.imgur.com/z8Zln7m.png

These ranges occur everyday and need more attention from traders.
    Last edited by alm_hd; 12-17-2015 at 10:39 PM.

the youtube screen is hardly watchable?
    Please share with us your strategy. We all share here for the common good.
    Thanks
    Randy

Attached images don't fully display. Is it normal?

Tuesday 15 DEC 15 range trading during late US:

Name:	precl tue 15 dec 15.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	3788
    http://imgur.com/BXnMZYi

Name:	Capturepr.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	3789

Here is the screen recorded video

Hi traders! I will be sharing my trading journey and research here. I trade with price action and I am specialized in Binary Options since 2013 and tested tons of method. I like binaries due to its absolute limited risk. I jumped from indicators to indicators, from indicators to Price action, from PA to indicators again, lol all possible combinations.

At the end of the day, I've found that 'traders' tend to ignore what matter the most in the market: VOLATILITY.

No matter how effective your method is, if you ignore market volatility you won't make it. Trend trading strategies will work at the time of high volatility and range trading will be effective during low volatility time.

Try to trend trade the EURUSD during the Asian session, for example, you will lose your money. Try to range trade during UK open and you will also lose your money.
    You must know what your system is about: a range trading method or a trend trading approach.

So my methods:
    1-Trend trading during the time of expected great volatility: UK,US,FRANKFURT SESSION OPENS and after high impact news release. I will favor breakout entries and breakout pullback.

2-Range trading during late US session until Tokyo open. I'll favor fading breakouts here. (buy low sell high).

That's all, no fancy indicators, "mysterious" EA or "magic" system, just PA and volatility consideration. I've made a short manual on how I approach the Forex market volatility (attachment). There are a lot of entries examples on my Vlog.

MyBlog http://priceactionpost.com/blog Vlog : https://www.youtube.com/c/priceactionpostvideo
    Last edited by alm_hd; 09-03-2016 at 06:05 PM.

your welcome
    not sure but if you are uploading them to youtube we can click on youtube and then from youtube go full size. the issue is the screen seems very pale and white hard to see. Looking forward in hearing your strategy. As you may know we have pro traders here that share very good strategies for all time frames. We share learn and grow together. May I ask what brokers you are using?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by randy1953 View Post
    your welcome
    not sure but if you are uploading them to youtube we can click on youtube and then from youtube go full size. the issue is the screen seems very pale and white hard to see. Looking forward in hearing your strategy. As you may know we have pro traders here that share very good strategies for all time frames. We share learn and grow together. May I ask what brokers you are using?
    Thanks
    Thank for the reply. I trade with Dukascopy. I've 2 main methods:
    1-Trend trading on M1 chart only during volatility period such as UK open, US open or after a high impact news release: I use price action and trade pullback to last significant H/L with the M1 timeframe trend and 3 to 5 min expiry. I use EMA 50 if in doubt but I focus on price.
    2-range trading during period of low or very low volatility such as late US session or after US close: I use M5 chart and 15 to 30min since price moves slowly during this time.

I'll post the charts with sessions to come or old screen records.
    Last edited by alm_hd; 12-17-2015 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alm_hd View Post
    Thank for the reply. I trade with Dukascopy. I've 2 main methods:
    1-Trend trading on M1 chart only during volatility period such as UK open, US open or after a high impact news release: I use price action and trade pullback to last significant H/L with the M1 timeframe trend and 3 to 5 min expiry. I use EMA 50 if in doubt but I focus on price.
    2-range trading during period of low or very low volatility such as late US session or after US close: I use M5 chart and 15 to 30min since price moves slowly during this time.

I'll post the charts with sessions to come or old screen records.
    Thanks sounds good looking forward to hearing more
    Randy

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to following this journal as I try and develop what works best for me on my demo accounts. Would love to see some of the videos too, if you could post some links.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I look forward to following this journal as I try and develop what works best for me on my demo accounts. Would love to see some of the videos too, if you could post some links.

Thanks again!
    Thank for the reply. My problem is when I upload images they appear to be too little sized!! And posts with external links seem to be deleted. How to fix that?