Hi there 1st post but not a newbie lol !!!

Hi there. I am practicing binary options since 2013 and tested tons of method. I jumped from indicators to indicators, from indicators to Price action, from PA to indicators again, lol all possible combinations.

At the end of the day I've found that 'traders' tend to ignore what matter the most in the market: VOLATILITY.

No matter how effective your method is, if you ignore market volatility you won't make it. Trend trading strategies will work at time of high volatility and range trading will be effective during low volatility time.

Try to trend trade the EURUSD during Asian session for example you will lose your money. Try to range trade during UK open and you will also lose your money.
    You must know what your system is about: a range trading method or a trend trading approach.

So my methods:
    1-Trend trading during time of expected great volatility: UK,US,FRANCFURT SESSION OPENS and after high impact news release
    2-Range trading during late US to Tokyo open. (I've got the best performance here).

I tremendously reduced my screen time once I start using volatility and time filter. So it's really boring not to trade most of the time of the day(I really want to trade non stop ). I decided to screen record my trades to fill the gap by editing and publishing after.
    Then I realised that by editing the videos I am also reviewing my entries , seeing where I could have done better etc. That's great.
    I recommend.
    I'am about to lunch a trading journal and make daily updates.

Edit: I've posted it on Binary Options Trading Strategies and Systems, I don't know if it's the right place?
    Last edited by alm_hd; 12-17-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Thank you and welcome Maybe you can share your strategy with us. We all share here. Can I ask you what TF(time frame you are using and expiry time. Also what is your win rate percentage?
    thanks

Alm, I have also noticed what you are saying although I have not acted on it as you have. I trade US morning and my best winning percentages are from 7am to 10am , overlap of European session and US markets opening. My largest time for loss has been in the afternoon (generally speaking). I am a short term trader with expiries from 5 min to 1 hour so volatility does make a huge difference.
    Thanks for putting what I have been feeling into words~

Welcome aboard mate!

Quote Originally Posted by shawn3179 View Post
    Alm, I have also noticed what you are saying although I have not acted on it as you have. I trade US morning and my best winning percentages are from 7am to 10am , overlap of European session and US markets opening. My largest time for loss has been in the afternoon (generally speaking). I am a short term trader with expiries from 5 min to 1 hour so volatility does make a huge difference.
    Thanks for putting what I have been feeling into words~
    Yeah for real. In term of volatility, the market acts the same almost everyday. Trending right after a major session open and ranging during the late session. It cannot be ignored!

Welcome here alm_hd!

You can open your own diary thread in the Members War Room!

From your first post I see you have some very important and very special conclusion. I can agree that volatility is the single most important factor in choosing when to trade and when not to trade!
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Hello Alm!

Welcome to bots trading community!

Would you like to share your trades here?

Hi and welcome! Thanks for sharing. To be honest, my experience is the same. Personally, I try to avoid instruments with high volatility, because it's a lot of risk. I think it's harder to analyze the direction when the volatility is high.