Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trades for upcoming big events !!!

Who else is going to trade that NFP this friday?
    If the actual is better than the forecast, im planning to trade the EUR/USD - PUT - 30mins
    im even thinking about trading gold and silver, what do u guys think?

Also, is anyone going to trade the ECB conference in 6 hours?
    i want to know what you're set ups are like. please share your ideas!

Also, for the December 16th FOMC interest rate decision,
    if US do increase the rates, im planning to trade it very similar to the NFP trade.

Yea, I'm gonna trade the ECB and NFP probably. I always try not to trade on such big volatility but always end up doing it haha. Anyway, i'm gonna trade Forex not BO for this one because in FX i can get out whenever i have a profit, so i dont gave to wait and see my trade be in the green and then turn red.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

3. Thanks giveittomikeyk thanked this post
    ECB interest rate decision is in two hours now and it will be really a very important driver for the Euro markets not only today but for the weeks ahead. It is expected that ECB will cut the rate by 10 basis points and if there is a bigger cut we may see fast euro depreciation. If the cut is 10 points as expected the traders may wait for the Draghi speech to decide how to react. Don’t forget that the ECB press conference will be as important as the rate decision itself. If you want more detailed follow-up of fundamentals trading follow my personal thread here > http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....Journal/page14
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

5. Thanks giveittomikeyk thanked this post
    The ECB President Draghi has to deliver further monetary policy. He said that the bank were not in wait and see. It is needed to wait and to asses . It was pushing the downtrend on EURUSD in the few last weeks. The ECB has little choice but to deliver. The ECB looks set to deliver a package of measures to do the job including to cut in the discount rate. It is already at 0.20%. Long term policy is included an extension and increase in the current QE program. It is assured is further volatility on EUR/USD.

Yellen gave the market further assurance that the Fed is poised to tighten policy later this month. The US dollar fell on her remarks.She suggested that the pace of tightening moves next year would depend on inflation rate. It fits with our feeling that the Fed will hike rates this month.

The third events is NFP. A job gain of 201 000 after rising 271000 the previous month.It is expected with a 5.0% unemployment rate.Wages are expected to rise by 0.2% this time.

7. Thanks giveittomikeyk thanked this post
    Yeah, I think the euro is set for a sharp drop on the nfp, if it is strong and points to a fed rate hike that is.

Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    The ECB President Draghi has to deliver further monetary policy. He said that the bank were not in wait and see. It is needed to wait and to asses . It was pushing the downtrend on EURUSD in the few last weeks. The ECB has little choice but to deliver. The ECB looks set to deliver a package of measures to do the job including to cut in the discount rate. It is already at 0.20%. Long term policy is included an extension and increase in the current QE program. It is assured is further volatility on EUR/USD.
    The deposit rate was negative at MINUS 0.20% and now it's MINUS 0.30%
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

BTW, did anyone trade the event? I believe the OP (original poster) intended this to be a thread about current and future trading setups. I for one did not trade EU at the time but if it touches 1.0900 I'll probably sell it. Currently I am short AU, aiming for 0.7285-ish

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    Yeah, I think the euro is set for a sharp drop on the nfp, if it is strong and points to a fed rate hike that is.
    Yea, i agree with that. But maybe we will have a surprise and the NFP will go mostly unnoticed.

There was adverse reaction today and big short squeeze. Maybe after NFP tomorrow, especially if the numbers are good we can see some downside retracement but I think not that big like today jump
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

strangely, the ECB conference was a bullish news on the Euro, so i took some Call trades on the eur/jpy this morning.
    i totally did not expect that lol