Trading News with Nadex !!!

Hey guys, haven't checked in for a while but would like to relate my experiences over the last couple of months using Nadex. I started binary trading last year with a bunch of scam brokers (Titan trade, Lbinary, Goptions, etc). None of these brokers would pay out my profits, and I was only able to get back my initial capital mainly through chargebacks to my credit card - so thankfully I did not lose any money to these scammers.

I then decided to turn to Nadex a few months ago, as they seemed to be the only option left to me since I am in the US. Their platform is somewhat clunky (although I like their ios app), and takes a little getting use to, but decided to give it a shot. I really didn’t know what I was doing in the beginning, and ended up about 3K in the hole. I then started trading only during high impact news (mainly on the AUD/ USD, EUR/USD and USD/CAD currency pairs) and found some good risk reward trades that I setup within an hour of the news. My minimum r/r is usually 2:1, but sometimes I go as high as 10:1 if I can get it, and the news is very significant (like a fed announcement or the jobs report). Within the last month, I have managed to turn that 3K loss into an almost 3K gain. I no longer ever use more than 5% of my total capital on any single trade, (something I was guilty of before when I took that 3K hit to my account). I am looking to see if you guys have any Nadex specific strategies to share, this strategy seems to be the only way I have been able to get any kind of consistency with my trading on this platform.

Tonight, I'm going to play the CPI from China release. News from China usually impacts the AUD significantly, so I am looking to setup a short trade, as the AUD has been weak as of late.
    Last edited by kipbin; 11-09-2015 at 08:28 PM.

I like to use selling strategies on NADEX, and also look for trades that are just in the money, or just out of the money, close to expiry, like within 10 minutes, and try to buy them while they are already paying. It returns smaller amounts, but the trades are near guaranteed if you do them right. . . but that can be the hard part, plus with buy/sell demand its not always possible to get a fill.