Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It works for me sometimes !!!

At one point when I first started trading I learnt that the most precise time for opening a trade is within the first few minutes of the hour, well that was because trade signals are almost accurate then. and my trading strategy now is, I open my trades within those few minute and take trades that vary from 15, 30 and 60 minutes. the only thing that I think makes me lose is the time of the day.

Can I hear your views

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonia View Post
    At one point when I first started trading I learnt that the most precise time for opening a trade is within the first few minutes of the hour, well that was because trade signals are almost accurate then. and my trading strategy now is, I open my trades within those few minute and take trades that vary from 15, 30 and 60 minutes. the only thing that I think makes me lose is the time of the day.

Can I hear your views
    It sounds pretty hokey to me. Why are signals at the first of the hour more accurate? I think you are making a false correlation. What signals are you taking? a signal service or using your own analysis? What assets too.... ?

mind sharing more about your strategy?
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Not sure what kind of strategy is this but listen, how can a trade initiated on a round hour be better than a trade initiated on any other time of the day? Of course there are hours that are better for specific strategies than other times of the day, but this is not the same like this. The only round number hours that are significant is London open (08:00 GMT) in the morning, US markets open (14:30 GMT), London close (17:00 GMT) and US close (21:00 GMT) and for Yen – Japan market open at 00:00 GMT. That’s it. Only this moments of the day can lead to some more specific directional movement. There are no other universal hours except for some more specific markets when they open or close, like 19:30 for Crude Oil market.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

This doesn't sound very convincing. I think it's pure coincidence that your best trades are at these time of the day. Still, I'd like to hear more about your analyzes and the explanation of your strategy.

Alright thanks guys... heres how I place my trades, it's almost a simple traditional way... I just look at the charts behaviour for the past hour, sometimes it shows bearish or bullish signs, and depending on that and the signals provided by my broker I place a trade... at time these 2 things do not agree then I skip that pair and look for one that is less volatile and is easy to read and understand

Alright thanks guys... heres how I place my trades, it's almost a simple traditional way... I just look at the charts behaviour for the past hour, sometimes it shows bearish or bullish signs, and depending on that and the signals provided by my broker I place a trade... at time these 2 things do not agree then I skip that pair and look for one that is less volatile and is easy to read and understand
    Whole and half hours are actually a part of my strategy .
    But I don't just rely on that and it doesn't work every time.

check it out here. http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...gy-for-eurusd/
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Yes you are right, it doesn't... I checked you 15-30 minutes strategy, but unfortunately I can't set up my broker chart to show candle sticks.. otherwise I think I can use your strategy as I am still a newbie

Can I hear your views
    You have to choose/create your own trading strategy. It is included assets, time frame expiry and chart trader/news trader.

Yes you are right, it doesn't... I checked you 15-30 minutes strategy, but unfortunately I can't set up my broker chart to show candle sticks.. otherwise I think I can use your strategy as I am still a newbie
    You don't need to have a broker that uses candlesticks. Just download the MT4 from a good forex broker. you can then have the Mt4 window open with candlesticks on your broker window and then trade. Better yet if you can afford it is to have 2 monitors one for MT4 and other for broker.
    Hope that helps
    Randy