Rookie Member

Trading during the evening. Is this possible? !!!

Hello, I am interested to trade binary options to provide a extra income for me and my family. I am not searching high profits, but just an extra 30 euros a day. When I was reading the trading school I was wondering if this is possible at night? During the day I have my day job and basicly no time to follow the news or to look at charts. The times that I have time the markets are not so active anymore, I think. I live in Spain and the hours that I can trade are from 20.00 - 0.00 central european time. I hope someone can give me advice.

Hello barco. You could try to trade EOD(End of Day)trades closing 20.00 or 21.00GMT. There are usually not big moves - but still possible - during 16.00-20.00GMT hours. News of the day are usually all published. Look at the charts - is the price in a clear trend, where are supports and resistances, is the price trying to hold or cross them. Learn to read the charts, really study them first. You can find good charts for example at fxstreet.com. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by barco View Post
    Hello, I am interested to trade binary options to provide a extra income for me and my family. I am not searching high profits, but just an extra 30 euros a day. When I was reading the trading school I was wondering if this is possible at night? During the day I have my day job and basicly no time to follow the news or to look at charts. The times that I have time the markets are not so active anymore, I think. I live in Spain and the hours that I can trade are from 20.00 - 0.00 central european time. I hope someone can give me advice.
    You can trade USA stocks and Forex pairs.

more importantly, I think you're about to make a big mistake. with 30 euros per day the best you can is 1-2 trades. Making a trade per day could be profitable, well, if you can make it count everyday. Better if you use only 1 or 2 days a week for trading, invest 50-75 euros per day and diverse your risks.
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Hi Barco,

Yes it is possible to trade at night. Basically you can trade anytime as long as the market is moving. For currency pairs, I've heard that many traders prefer trading during the opening and closing and specially during when two currency pairs open time has overlapped. I prefer to trade during EUR and US trading time but I also trade during Asian session but not much since I stay up late. I live in Japan and most of my mates like to trade during Asian time and they prefer to trade most during JPY and EUR time has overlapped but for me, I trade whenever I want but mostly at night or very early in the morning.

I don't watch or look at the news and only watch the candles. There are times that I have encountered some bad trades during heavy news especially when I was new to trading, when the candles went the opposite way but not really much now since you can basically have a feeling when the candles are moving abnormally... Often times the candles movements will nearly stall before a strong news announcement and will suddenly jump after a few minutes after the news has been released. If you watch the news then maybe you can use this for your advantage???

My suggestion for you is that you put good effort studying "Candlestick Analysis", trading indicators, how to plot "Support and Resistance" and "Trend Lines" because if you are good with them, you can basically trade anytime. If your skills are good, you can detect the strength or the momentum of the market and whenever there is good momentum, that can be traded. Please also remember that too much strength or momentum can also be a problem especially if you are trading short to medium period expiry because sometimes the candles will have lots of momentum going up and also lots of momentum going down and may be too fast for your target expiry.

Usually the market is slow during the first few hours on Mondays and also slows down during the last few hours on Fridays...
    Happy trading

Hi there!
    Those times are no good for European currencies.
    Most banks close around 18:00-20:00.
    But I think Asian market should be ok.
    Also, have you considered mobile trading?
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Okane is correct

Yeah Okane is right, not a great time for trading anything cuz only Asian markets are open. However, this is only correct if you want to trade short term options with expiry within your time frame, ie they expiry the same day or session you are trading. if you move out to weekly or at least multi day trading you can still use your window, you will rely less on the short term movements, and more for the longer term ones.

This link goes to a thread filled with links to swing trading strategies. I think this is perfect for your situation. The signals are easier to spot, the expiry will be at least one day, up to a week, and can be undertaken whenever the price is right.

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....-Swing-Trading

8. Thanks Okane thanked this post
    Hello Barco!

I'm the same time zone as you're. I avoid to trade during 8pm-12pm Central European Time Zone.Not good for GBP,EUR,CHF.European stocks markets are closed.No news, events, low volatility in pairs. During this time it is good to trade USD/CAD,US stocks, S&P500,Dow Jones, Nasdaq. Sometimes gold, silver and oil.

At 11pm by Central European time zone Sydney is opened. Aussie, Kiwi and yen are more attractive for trading.Tokyo is opened at 1am by Central European Time Zone.

You should know the largest trade volume is 2.30pm-6pm by Central European Time Zone when London and New York overlap.You can use D1,D3 or W1 time frame expiry.

I hope you already have got expert opinion by this time, however trading binary options does not limited with day trading. I am also addicted to binary options using 60 sec strategy to earn almost 20 - 30 $ when I stick to it and hopefully you will also be getting it right away when you are in.