WAITING FOR UPDATE on MT4 !!!

Hi,

I cleaned up and organized my MT4 this weekend. I noticed that many of the charts I set up indicated "Waiting for Update." Since I did this yesterday, Sunday, I knew the markets were closed, and figured that the charts would update as soon as the markets opened.

No such luck. I've been waiting for updates for about a half hour. The only charts showing any activity at all are the H4's. They
    showed some activity yesterday, which I though was odd. Today the chart opens with activity, but I can't yet tell if it's real time.

Anyone ever faced with this? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by unclbill View Post
    Hi,

I cleaned up and organized my MT4 this weekend. I noticed that many of the charts I set up indicated "Waiting for Update." Since I did this yesterday, Sunday, I knew the markets were closed, and figured that the charts would update as soon as the markets opened.

No such luck. I've been waiting for updates for about a half hour. The only charts showing any activity at all are the H4's. They
    showed some activity yesterday, which I though was odd. Today the chart opens with activity, but I can't yet tell if it's real time.

Try creating new charts and delete the old charts

Hi, In my cleanup process, that's what I was doing - deleting and creating new charts. I'll try again. Thanks.

I just deleted the program and started over. When I try to open a new chart, GBPSD for example, it comes up "Waiting for Update." Strange.

Three hours later, I deleter MT4 and downloaded from another website. Still getting "Waiting for update." I'm not having much luck with MT4 at all.
    Frustrating.

I think you'll have to search deeper. Maybe you've got an old MT4 file on your system, that doesn't work well.

Try deleting any MT4-file, cookie, history etc. and maybe even a chkdsk/f through command.

I remember I had the same problem some years ago and still don't know how I solved it, but clearing all MT4-related files and histories might work.

B.t.w. Did you try to reset you computer to an earlier setup? Also may work. Try that before the other measures.

dropped in for a sec. I'm not any computer geek but I think there is a place on the computer where you can enter a script to stop the updating.
    I used a similar script to keep the programming for calling home and keeps the program from updating.

Quote Originally Posted by unclbill View Post
    Hi,

Answered it in the right thread.
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....Q-amp-A/page13
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by randy1953 View Post
    dropped in for a sec. I'm not any computer geek but I think there is a place on the computer where you can enter a script to stop the updating.
    I used a similar script to keep the programming for calling home and keeps the program from updating.
    Yea, but he wants it to update otherwise he won't have any ticks, candles, data, etc
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

Hi guys,

All discussions about trading software and in particular metatrader 4/5 should be posted in Trading Tools and Indicators Room. Beginners Lounge is dedicated especially and exclusively to beginners questions about trading and binary options, not for specific technical questions!

I am closing this thread now and the discussion can continue in the special Metatrader QA Thread in the Tools Room. You can join it here: http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....ader-4-Q-amp-A
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder