Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MT4 price index wrong !!!

Hi everyone,

I noticed in the last few days that most of the times my MT4 price index is wrong compared to what brokers indicate on their platform (I'm using Ayrex and Stockpair right now..).
    A lot of times goes in the opposite direction compared to brokers!!

Is this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it? Maybe uploading the MT4 in some ways?
    Do you have any suggestion where I can fond another platform similar to MT4 but more reliable?

I'm afraid if I can't solve this problem my days as good trader are over before even begin..

Thanks a lot..

DAVEX

Try cTrader. You can get an unlimited demo from a number of brokers.

Hey, just try to connect to another server on your MT4.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by DAVEX View Post
    Hi everyone,

I noticed in the last few days that most of the times my MT4 price index is wrong compared to what brokers indicate on their platform (I'm using Ayrex and Stockpair right now..).
    A lot of times goes in the opposite direction compared to brokers!!

Is this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to fix it? Maybe uploading the MT4 in some ways?
    Do you have any suggestion where I can fond another platform similar to MT4 but more reliable?

I'm afraid if I can't solve this problem my days as good trader are over before even begin..

Thanks a lot..

DAVEX
    Ahahahahaaa Priceless!!! Meta Trader 4 has the wrong quotes and binary brokers have the right ones. Do they wash your brains? Have you stopped for a second to think that maybe your broker doesnt have real quotes?
    Do you know you are trading against the binary options broker and that your order is nowhere near interbank liquidity or even a decent Market Maker?
    Do you know that... ah forget it
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by random View Post
    Try cTrader. You can get an unlimited demo from a number of brokers.
    Yes, thats a good idea but guess what: he will see that cTrader (which btw is a great platform) has different quotes than his BOB (binary options broker). Next he will come here saying: I've tried ctrader. It's broken as well.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

I compared price index between MT4 and Stockpair and 24 options. Different in price was 12 points.Its accepted. MT4 EUR/USD was showed 1.13000. Stockpair platform was showed 1.13012.I have to say that I was watched at the same time both platform.

My professional opinion that you were traded against the market.Bad timing for entry points. That's why price went in the opposite direction compared to brokers.

I thank Milos,Okane and random for your advices and your help.

But "dear" Bodgan G I don't understand why you have to insult me in this way treating me like I'm some kind of dumb person..

I'm a newbie, I have a lot of things to learn, that's why I joined this community.. The most important thing for me is to be polite and to respect other people trying to learn from one another,
    obviously for you this is not a priority..
    You maybe are a wonderful trader and maybe you gave a lot to this community but this kind of beahaviour is really insulting to me..

I kindly ask you to avoid making sarcasm about people like me who are here just to learn something..

I never thought I would have to write something like this whan I joined communitraders.. it's really sad.. it really makes me want to cancel myself from this commuinity..

DAVEX

Hi DAVEX.

I really hope you will forgive Bogdan for his language.. I know this is not the way a newbie should be treated and I hope he also know this, but this is Bogdan’s style and we don’t become angry for that because he is a person who is always ready to help. However my desire is to see him make an apology for his comment.

Now let’s come back to the topic. The question here is not is there a difference between mt4 and your broker but how much! Most probably the problem is not with the mt4 provider. So I am asking few questions here – how much is the difference? If it is below 0.5 pips it is not significant and there can be number of explanation about it. If it is greater than 2-3 pips this is really serious for short term traders. The other question is which is your mt4 provider? It will be good to know. However I also believe that most of the forex brokers keep their quotes as close as possible because otherwise somebody can exploit their latency.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    I compared price index between MT4 and Stockpair and 24 options. Different in price was 12 points.Its accepted. MT4 EUR/USD was showed 1.13000. Stockpair platform was showed 1.13012.I have to say that I was watched at the same time both platform.

My professional opinion that you were traded against the market.Bad timing for entry points. That's why price went in the opposite direction compared to brokers.
    That's true, it's acceptable to have around 1.2 pips or even 2 pips.
    Once I was connected to a server that was 2 minutes behind the binary broker lol...
    That was not good at all, luckily I noticed immediately and changed servers
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by DAVEX View Post
    I thank Milos,Okane and random for your advices and your help.

But "dear" Bodgan G I don't understand why you have to insult me in this way treating me like I'm some kind of dumb person..

I'm a newbie, I have a lot of things to learn, that's why I joined this community.. The most important thing for me is to be polite and to respect other people trying to learn from one another,
    obviously for you this is not a priority..
    You maybe are a wonderful trader and maybe you gave a lot to this community but this kind of beahaviour is really insulting to me..

I kindly ask you to avoid making sarcasm about people like me who are here just to learn something..

I never thought I would have to write something like this whan I joined communitraders.. it's really sad.. it really makes me want to cancel myself from this commuinity..

DAVEX
    Oh, believe me, If I were trying to insult you, you would know it and let me assure you, it wouldn't feel like this.