Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Hello

A Hello !!!

Hi all, so after falling into the apparently common trap of thinking that BO was an easy money-making opportunity, I have now realised that I need to learn how to trade. I'm really interested in Ichimoku so will be absorbing as much information from you all as I can.

Thanks in advance for all the information out out there for me to learn.

James

ichi moku is cool, I don't use it but when I reviewed it there were a lot of plusses to consider. And the charts are really easy to read. but I suggest a good understanding of the fundamentals as a starting off point for any trade analysis. So, while you study ichimoku also get up to date on economic and earnings trends. YOu don't have to cram, just start reading a few articles about the subject, you can find them on cnbc or Bloomberg, and lots of others. The charts read the market, the fundamentals are the market so it makes sense that to know one is to know the other.... and welcome aboard!!!

I always found the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo would cloud my judgement...

Quote Originally Posted by JulietIndia4572 View Post
    Hi all, so after falling into the apparently common trap of thinking that BO was an easy money-making opportunity, I have now realised that I need to learn how to trade. I'm really interested in Ichimoku so will be absorbing as much information from you all as I can.

James
    Welcome to CT! Glad to know that you like to study Ichimoku. I am a huge fan and a heavy Ichimoku user If you really want to successfully use it I suggest that you start your studies with Candlestick Analysis and Support and Resistance first. That is how good Japanese Ichimoku users start teaching their students. The traditional way is to start with naked charting (using only the candlesticks) then learn to manually detect Support and Resistance areas, then learn to plot trendlines. Then you start using Ichimoku. Though Ichimoku is a complete system, I would suggest that you study other indicators too like Moving Average, Stochastic, RSI or CCI, then MACD because Ichimoku moves or works like those indicators that I have mentioned. Learning to use these indicators will make your Ichimoku trading experience more fun and may be more profitable. Another tip is to learn how to use Ichimoku's Chikou Span because it's "the magical tool", It will show you Support and Resistance, trend and even future calculation plus it's movements is very-very close to Fibonacci. I might sound that I'm not making any sense or too overwhelming but you'll understand what I'm saying when you learn it's secrets

I have shared some tips on how I use Ichimoku in my diary and if you are interested maybe you can have a look at it.

Happy learning

Michael - thank you for your input. I'll definitely check out CNBC and Bloomberg. What you say makes complete sense. Ronnel would appear to agree

Ronnel - thanks so much for your detailed reply! I've made a checklist and will definitely read into each of those indicators in turn. You made a lot of sense so thank you.
    I'll be reading your diary tonight, so if it's anything like your reply then I'm confident I will learn a lot from you.

6. Thanks Ronnel thanked this post
    Welcome!

I see you've taken the first hurdle already: thinking it's easy money

Take time to learn and you'll become a more steady trader soon.

Hello JulietIndia4572,

Welcome to BOTS!

Join the webinar starting on 12th August.
    here is the link
    http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...ebinar-begins/

Hello and nice to meet you! You’re in Trader’s Heaven here. It really is a good idea to try with Ichimoku. I also think it’s a great strategy. You’ll find all the information you need here. Feel free to ask anything you want.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Quote Originally Posted by JulietIndia4572 View Post

James
    Hi Juliet, welcome to BOTS. There several posts here on BOTS on Ichimoku, some of them are been contributed by our member, Ronnel. You can look up his posts and use his strategies as a guide.

Hi JulietIndia4572,

Welcome to the forum.

Ichimocu

Tenkan-sen shows the average price for the first period, detected as the sum of the maximum and minimum of this period is divided into two;

Senkou range shows the middle distance between two previous lines shifted forward in the length of the second period;

Senkou range shows the average price of the third period shifted forward in the size of the second period.

Attachment 3517

It can see on the picture how to set up trading indicators. It is show the following:
    Tenkan-sen 9
    Kjun-sen 26
    Senkou Span B 52

Chink range indicates the closing price of the current bar shifted backwards and the size of the second period.Distance between Senkou lines is highlighted in a different color on the graph and is called the cloud. If the price is between these lines for the market is said to be without trend and then the border clouds form support and resistance levels.

If the price is below the cloud then the bottom line becomes the first resistance level and the upper line - second

If Chinkou range exceeds the price chart from the bottom on up, it is a signal for call option.
    If you go from the top down - it's a signal for put option

Attachment 3518

It can see on the picture signals for put and call positions.

It can see parameters of this indicators on the image.They are Tenkan sen 9,Kijun sen 26,SenkouB span 52.It can be changed and set up.

Kijun-sen is used as the ratio of market trends.If the price is higher than the Kijun-sen then prices will likely continue to grow.When price crosses the line, then it is possible trend change.Another way to use Kijun-sen is giving signals.

Signal for call option is generated when the Tenkan-sen line intersects Kijun-sen bottom up.From top to bottom - a signal for put option. Tenkan-sen is used as an indicator of the trend of the market.If this line increases or decreases a trend exists.When horinzontal the market has entered the channel.

Very useful trading strategy for all kind of traders. As you can see on the picture it is possible to make more trades. For call option entry points could be at 123.40 and exit points could be at 124.60 on currency pair USD/JPY. It’s the same situation with the put option. Signal for put option position was at 124.50 and signal for exit points was at 123.60.