Thread: MT4 Build 851

MT4 Build 851 !!!

Just a heads up with the new MT4 Build 851.
    I'm experiencing some problems with it like non-native indicators are not displayed fully or sometimes not displayed at all. Even native indicators like CCI, Stochastic, MACD, etc. are having problems. Native indicators do show up but if I try to do some setting adjustments the platform will freeze sometimes. I also experienced a huge lag with the pips two days ago. I searched the web and saw some similar complaints with the non-native indies not showing up.

I don't know if I'm the only one here experiencing this but it's a real pain in the behind...

Just be careful guys...

Thanks not having any problems with mine but it's a 840 build. Sometimes the newest is not the best.
    Can you downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnel View Post
    Just a heads up with the new MT4 Build 851.
    I'm experiencing some problems with it like non-native indicators are not displayed fully or sometimes not displayed at all. Even native indicators like CCI, Stochastic, MACD, etc. are having problems. Native indicators do show up but if I try to do some setting adjustments the platform will freeze sometimes. I also experienced a huge lag with the pips two days ago. I searched the web and saw some similar complaints with the non-native indies not showing up.

I don't know if I'm the only one here experiencing this but it's a real pain in the behind...

Just be careful guys...
    In future before you do any upgrading do a backup first. I have a habit of backing my data, setting, etc.... If you have a backup delete the templates, indicators and copy your backup over.
    Try deleting log files maybe that might help and reduce the max bars in history and chart in the option menu to the min of 5000.
    I have a good backup program which i used for my backup. It can backup anything from your HDD system to individual files. If you need let me know and I send it to you.
    I am still using build 840. BTW, is it important to have an upgrade???? I only upgrade if there is a bug fix or patch.

Hi Willy and Randy,

My MT4 did another automatic update just an hour ago and it is now Build 854. I did some testing with all my favorite non native and native indicators and all's working sweet. No more crashing, no more freezing and no more false pips. It's too early to say since I just got the update an hour ago but I think it's more stable and reliable than Build 851.

Actually I always keep a back-up of my templates, regularly delete my log files and reduce chart's max bars to 5000 but Build 851 was just really bad I guess. What I'm trying to figure out is how to stop MT4 from doing automatic updates, I have been searching for the how to's to do it and still no luck.

For those who have upgraded to Build 851, maybe best to upgrade to Build 854...