Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    edo

Edo´s trading diary !!!

Getting it on....for real!

edo
    This is my first live trade within this diary :

The pair is usd/jpy,my weapon of choice is spotting regular divergence using osma oscillator,with expiry time of 10 mins.

The chart :

Attachment 3478

Unfortunately for me,it ended OTM.
    I could have traded continuation after retracement,with expiry time of 30 mins,but i chose regular divergence instead.
    Stochastic was near oversold,CCI was below zero,but i have spotted divergence on osma oscillator and decided to trust that one.

Bad choice.

edo
    Quote Originally Posted by edo View Post
    This is my first live trade within this diary :

The pair is usd/jpy,my weapon of choice is spotting regular divergence using osma oscillator,with expiry time of 10 mins.

The chart :

Attachment 3478

Unfortunately for me,it ended OTM.
    I could have traded continuation after retracement,with expiry time of 30 mins,but i chose regular divergence instead.
    Stochastic was near oversold,CCI was below zero,but i have spotted divergence on osma oscillator and decided to trust that one.

Bad choice.
    The pair went south...another poorly chosen expiry time...my Achilles' heel.

Glad you joined the diary people =).
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

edo
    Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Glad you joined the diary people =).
    Thank you,Sensei.

Any thoughts on my OTM trade?

edo
    This one dazzles me...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	3480

I should trade continuation after a retracement,specially with stochastic oversold and price bouncing off of my support line for the past one hour..
    On the other hand,osma is showing divergence all day long...will there be a reversal?

Sorry your pictures are so small I can't see anything.
    Don't resize them! Just download Lightshot https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html
    and then you just press Prt Scre button on your keyboard, mark the chart you want to
    take screenshot of and save it. Easy and lot better pictures.

edo
    Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Sorry your pictures are so small I can't see anything.
    Don't resize them! Just download Lightshot https://app.prntscr.com/en/index.html
    and then you just press Prt Scre button on your keyboard, mark the chart you want to
    take screenshot of and save it. Easy and lot better pictures.
    I did exactly that....copied my chart with lightshot,saved it on desktop and copied it in thread.
    This is how they came up...

edo
    Today i took 4 trades,3 of which ended up ITM.
    The OTM trade ended so because of wrongly chosen expiry time,which i corrected in the next trade (both of these trades are in my CT competition thread).
    I have read the indicators correctly,as described in my trade,but i am still struggling with expiry times.

I think i will stick with my 3 MAs,stochastic and osma oscillator,and just try to perfect my reading of the candles and market moving in general.
    Strategies based on these 3 indicators,along with my own S/R and trend lines fit my style and i feel comfortable using them.
    The biggest effort for me is to figure out those expiries....it is like my brain can not connect readings on the chart with chronology.

Ronnel,thank you for the ZOOM OUT tip,now i am using that a lot to draw my S/R and trend lines.
    I also saw that you mentioned in your diary that you get better results when the market is slow.
    I agree with you...all of my today´s trades were taken around 20:00 GMT and i found candels to be much more readable and predictive.
    It is somehow easier when there are fewer people controlling the market.

Quote Originally Posted by edo View Post
    I did exactly that....copied my chart with lightshot,saved it on desktop and copied it in thread.
    This is how they came up...
    Hmm, strange, but I see that your picture has such a small size.
    Only 19.2 KB. Mine are twice that.
    Here is an example, I just took this screenshot, let's see how it shows up here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_3.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	3498