Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question on MT4 which broker for demo !!!

I'm using a MT4 from Forex.com are all MT4's the same. I mean would I see any difference from another Forex broker or am I'm good with this one. On one of my trading videos a guy said you want to make sure the time on the MT4 is GMT + 2. I don't even see a time on mine? If I need to download another MT4 I want to get it done with all my stuff transferred over before 5pm mine time tofay.
    Thanks
    Randy

They are almost the same. I am using oanda or hotforex demo but if you chose some well known forex broker name you won\t have any problem. I am not sure how ot switch the internal time of metatrader and I think it is not possible because each broker use its server time which can not be changed, check out this link for more information http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=36757 you can add an additional indicator as a clock. You can see your time on the horizontal axis of each chart.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Thanks I have no idea what this one guy meant when he said make sure the server you are using is GMT+2..
    Anyhow thanks

i use core liquidity markets binary mt4 to trade Markets World.

Quote Originally Posted by Faga-Lele View Post
    i use core liquidity markets binary mt4 to trade Markets World.

Will they take US traders?

Nope you guys are so lucky. however I'm wondering if I had a overseas address
    Last edited by randy1953; 08-04-2015 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1953 View Post
    Thanks I have no idea what this one guy meant when he said make sure the server you are using is GMT+2..
    Anyhow thanks
    Brokers can have different server times, depending on the time zone their servers are located and other things I dont know much about. You cannot change your broker's server time but to see it you have to click on Market Watch - third button counting from the left (upper side of MT4). It's the one where you can also see all the assets offered by your broker.
    http://prntscr.com/80mr87
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

The time used on MT4 are set to the broker's server time and cannot be changed. All MT4 are the same except there will be a slight difference in the quotes as each and every broker uses different data feeds and their data providers are different from each other. The MT4 prices on a demo account and a Live account are different, too. Demo account quotes are "dirty" quotes which is free from their data provider and missing data will not be patched like in live account. If you have both a demo account you can compare. I am using MT4 live accounts, I have 4 live accounts.

You can use a VPN or a proxy to avoid the brokers detecting your IP that you are from the US. But if you are opening a live account your bank details will give you away as a US citizen unless you have a overseas bank outside the US. These brokers will not pay to US banks and will not accept payments from US banks

Quote Originally Posted by willyw View Post
    The time used on MT4 are set to the broker's server time and cannot be changed. All MT4 are the same except there will be a slight difference in the quotes as each and every broker uses different data feeds and their data providers are different from each other. The MT4 prices on a demo account and a Live account are different, too. Demo account quotes are "dirty" quotes which is free from their data provider and missing data will not be patched like in live account. If you have both a demo account you can compare. I am using MT4 live accounts, I have 4 live accounts.
    So how can I get a live MT4 account in the US? I'm doing all my set ups using a demo account
    I know we can trade Forex correct. I actually think I may still have a account with Global Trade.
    My question is do you think it's possible to open up a Forex trading account overseas but find on that will also let me trade BO.? Or at the least find one that I can throw $100 in so I can use live feed on the MT4
    Last edited by randy1953; 08-04-2015 at 09:05 AM.

No they dont take US trader. I also live in the US. I created a fake acct with clm and it works. I use thier binary assets price feed to trade MW. Only pair MW have that clm binary dont have is aud/nzd and eur/gbp. One of the reason i use clm binary cause there price for thier binary assets is calculated ( bid + ask ) ÷ 2. Price feed almost dead on with MW. Its off by 1 or 2 pipette. More than that i move to the next pair.