IG Markets and Nadex? !!!

Just checking in to see if anyone has any experience with IG Markets or HighLow broker in Australia? Would you recommend IG Markets? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gooney View Post
    Just checking in to see if anyone has any experience with IG Markets or HighLow broker in Australia? Would you recommend IG Markets? Thanks
    I've tested IG's demo platform a couple of times and it left me completely confused.. They are totally reliable, big companies, well regulated and well managed, nothing to worry about. However when it comes to such big companies, everything just has to work differently, and so as the trading platform which is nothing but newbie friendly.. Former FX traders would be more accustomed with the heavily functional platform, and the more advanced traders could well understand the platform after a while, you just have to learn and demo test. For the average newbie i'd say go look for something else
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kay View Post
    I've tested IG's demo platform a couple of times and it left me completely confused.. They are totally reliable, big companies, well regulated and well managed, nothing to worry about. However when it comes to such big companies, everything just has to work differently, and so as the trading platform which is nothing but newbie friendly.. Former FX traders would be more accustomed with the heavily functional platform, and the more advanced traders could well understand the platform after a while, you just have to learn and demo test. For the average newbie i'd say go look for something else
    Thanks Martin. I will give it a try. I have traded FX before, but will demo IG before i go live. Have you heard of HighLow binary options broker from Australia? Their platform looks user friendly, but i haven't traded with them yet.

Thanks Martin. I will give it a try. I have traded FX before, but will demo IG before i go live. Have you heard of HighLow binary options broker from Australia? Their platform looks user friendly, but i haven't traded with them yet.
    Never heard about them, I see they're registered as a financial product in Australia, and based on MarketPulse platform (well, everyone can see that lol). I think highlow is no different of stockpair or 24, just a different platform. IG really is something different. Check their demo, don't dive before you're ready! I've lost $2000 demo trading in less than 2 hours!! Ouch! but im getting better lol, already managed to recover 80% of my lost.
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kay View Post
    Never heard about them, I see they're registered as a financial product in Australia, and based on MarketPulse platform (well, everyone can see that lol). I think highlow is no different of stockpair or 24, just a different platform. IG really is something different. Check their demo, don't dive before you're ready! I've lost $2000 demo trading in less than 2 hours!! Ouch! but im getting better lol, already managed to recover 80% of my lost.
    Wow, $2000 is quite a bit, but on demo that is no big deal It is all about testing..Yea, IG is very different. I will give it a try and see what happens or just stick to Highlow because for some reason i feel i am better at trading their daily expiry option. Do you trade short or long term expiry?

Trading on IG platform is quite different than most of the binary platforms we are familiar with. They are really more complicated and very difficult for a newbie to start. I have a lot of experience on many platforms but for me it is still difficult to learn to trade on IG demo Also pricing of the options is quite different. So better to avoid them at the beginning or give them a try only on demo for few months.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Wow, $2000 is quite a bit, but on demo that is no big deal It is all about testing..Yea, IG is very different. I will give it a try and see what happens or just stick to Highlow because for some reason i feel i am better at trading their daily expiry option. Do you trade short or long term expiry?
    lol yes, only demo luckily!
    intra day, 10 minutes to 4 hours. As long as you're happy with your broker, no reason to switch!