MT4 Platform problems !!!

Hello All.

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem that I am experiencing.

I have been watching live prices as well as my live trading platforms, and I notice that my MT4 platform seems to be lagging by about 5 minutes. This makes it very difficult to plan trades.

Is this supposed to be, or is there something that I can set or adjust to rectify this?

Thank You.

Hi Eddy,

Brokers price and MT4 price have some difference. You just have to learn how to adapt and use it. The price difference is not a huge problem when you are taking longer expiry but can be dangerous for very short expiry like 30 seconds and 1 minute. About the lag, you mean to say that your broker's candle will move and MT4's candle will only move after 5 minutes? If this is the case then it is not acceptable and will render MT4 useless to use for trading. My broker's candles is a bit late too but only for a few seconds and the last 2 numbers at the end is different from MT4 but I can still use MT4.

I think MT4 price cannot be adjusted because the candles gets it's data from live feed.

Hi Ronnel, thanks for the answer. Its very strange, I have Daily FX as well to compare. Unless one or the other gets a delayed live feed, compare the two screenshot below, taken seconds apart. There is definitely a discrepancy. As I said the information I get on my MT4 platform seems to be delayed by a few minutes. Its as if MT4 is about three candles behind live time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2015-jul-17-001.jpg   -2015-jul-17-002.jpg  

Hi Eddy,

I also took a screenshot on EUR/USD, M1 chart on MT4 and DailyFX and found out what you are saying. They really do have a difference with the candlesticks but the price are close. I don't trade M1 and my shortest is M10 so MT4 still works for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mt4.dailyfx.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	3437

Hello Eddy!

Not to worry. Its normal. It usually happens during the strong economic news and events.Nothing else. Real gap.

Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Hello All.

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on a problem that I am experiencing.

I have been watching live prices as well as my live trading platforms, and I notice that my MT4 platform seems to be lagging by about 5 minutes. This makes it very difficult to plan trades.

Is this supposed to be, or is there something that I can set or adjust to rectify this?

Thank You.
    If you are using the MT4 demo account sometimes there is a lag. Even with MT4 demo account and Live account there is a different in prices, too. I am using MT4 live account and there is not much different in prices and prices don't lag

I thought MT4 platform can trade binary after reading the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Hello All.

5 Minutes? That's way too much. Even 5 sec. is too much.

Differences in price are normal and a lagging of 1 sec happens, but 5 minutes or even 5 seconds is not logical.

I use a FxPro live account and already get stressed with a second delay. Do you run your software on a slow computer? F.i. an active virus scanner can slow things down too.
    Last edited by SeasaltMcFish; 08-11-2015 at 07:36 AM.