SpotOption platform !!!

A question for the traders using spotoption.
    I trade 60 seconds. A lot of times when I have a good entry I get blocked by this notice below. I wonder how many other traders get this.

Due to market volatility, this option is temporary unavailable
    networkError 500 Internal Server Error
    positionErrorDefaultText

Spotoption is i.m.o. totally not useable for 60sec trades. Too much delays.

For long term trades it can be better.

Well not for me I have a 72% win rate on 60 seconds only. that platform works almost perfect with my strategy.
    The delay can be very helpful because when you go for a trade the few seconds can run in your favor if not just cancel. Now you need to be careful with that cancel feature that they don't get you for abuse but the rule of thumb is ifyou don't cancel more than twice while making a trade you are ok..just my 2 cents..

I also just opened a account with Tradorax which has true click through processing so no delays. It will be interesting how my 60 seconds trades work on that platform.
    Randy

72% win rate is very good, but how big a sample size do you have in live trading?

Not a whole lot good point I just began around a month ago I have around 130 trades so far.
    However I learned a lot for example I don't trade 60 seconds on Mondays the market too crazy. I learned when I have a off day to stop and walk away. When I have a good day like today and have like 10 winners I will go till I have my first loss and then quit for the day. I learned not to get greedy if I net $250 or more I stop. I learned how to test the day and always open with a small trade like $20 to see if the market is working with me. I don't make a whole lot but with a month of trading (17 days) and starting out with a $300 deposit I have cleared over $2000 not to bad for a novice like myself. I actually learned the most by just sitting there glued to the chart watching only one pair. I trade only the USD/JPY. Not sure why but the movement of that pair works the best for me so far. Oh I am always looking for advice and tips concerning short term trading. Some folks here think 60 seconds is gambling. To me nothing could be further from the truth. To me longer term trading like 15 min or 1 hr seems more like gambling but that's just me.

Randy
    Last edited by randy1953; 07-17-2015 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1953 View Post
    A question for the traders using spotoption.
    Due to market volatility, this option is temporary unavailable
    networkError 500 Internal Server Error
    positionErrorDefaultText
    This can vary from broker to broker, some Spot Option brokers seem to be more reliable than others. When you get this message, you'll need to 'reset' the platform. Clicking the Expired Positions tab seems to do this for me. You'll then need to select 60 second trades again.

I have 2 Spot Option brokers that I'm currently using. This message is common for one but the other can run throughout the day without any issues. Well, occasionally I'll get the suspended message, but this doesn't require the platform to be reloaded. This is when they've actively decided to suspend trading due to volatility, so is different from the networkError message.

I've found I get the networkError message after periods of inactivity rather than volatility, so maybe it's slightly different from broker to broker.

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    Spotoption is i.m.o. totally not useable for 60sec trades. Too much delays.
    This is not my experience at all. Maybe fills can vary from broker to broker and can also depend on their implementation of the platform?

thanks a lot

Yep, it can vary and they also can have been doing some updates that makes the platform run better.

Just record you trades and look if it's still working fine. I think there are good SO brokers, like TopOption, but you always have to check your trades with any broker about their handling, as it can change any day.