Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rookie Member

ToS Momentum bars !!!

Hi all
    Does anyone recognise this momentum bar indicator from the ToS in the lower left of image?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ToS Momentum Bar.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	3404

2. Thanks khyangg thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxZen View Post
    Hi all
    Does anyone recognise this momentum bar indicator from the ToS in the lower left of image?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ToS Momentum Bar.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	3404
    Hey.
    No but looks like it's very low on batteries, lol.
    I haven't heard of that but seriously, that chart looks like a mess.
    What does it do, can you tell us more about it? Is ToS = Think or swim?
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

no, what does it do?

Rookie Member
    lol - The chart sure does look busy when in tiny-form but when full screen it all smooths out It's not my dashboard, it's from a Youtube video.
    The bars present momentum as it goes through the market. So green bars for buy and red for sell. More bars = more momentum.
    Yes it is Think or Swim

Why do you need it? How can you tell it's actually useful? From a pic? Why is is any different than any other momentum indicator?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

Rookie Member
    Great Q Bogdan.
    It can help define your entry point for short term trades. I guess it is not much difference to the underlying data of most momentum indicators, except that it is front-and-centre on your screen and you are only presented with the current bar action as it happens, so you observation is not distorted by previous bars or even previous momentum on current bar (.e size of bar already). When it flashes - momentum is happening.

it only uses one bar? when it flashes momentum is happening? this sounds pretty fishy to me, what is it based on? how does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxZen View Post
    Great Q Bogdan.
    It can help define your entry point for short term trades. I guess it is not much difference to the underlying data of most momentum indicators, except that it is front-and-centre on your screen and you are only presented with the current bar action as it happens, so you observation is not distorted by previous bars or even previous momentum on current bar (.e size of bar already). When it flashes - momentum is happening.
    Hm, I understand but I think momentum is better gauged in comparison with previous movement.

Something like: now momentum is 10 (just an example) but next time price was at this level, its momentum was 45 so the current move happens with less momentum than the previous.

Another example would be: price climbs but your momentum indicator is moving down (or flat), meaning that although it's going north, it is likely to run out of steam soon.
    All this is hard to see if you only have one bar displayed on the chart (although it uses calculation from multiple previous bars).
    I dont think it's a matter of Momentum: Yes or No? but rather Momentum: How Much?

But anyway, if you find it and it works for you - cheers and green bucks to ya
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

Rookie Member
    It uses one bar that flashes green for buy and red for sell momentum. More bars flashing equals more/faster momentum in real-time momentum I believe. I don't know exactly how it works or what it is based on - that's in part what I am searching for.

Rookie Member
    Update: found it at TickStrike.com