Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Windows 10 and MT4 !!!

Windows 10 will be available soon, big question is that will MT4 work flawlessly on Windows 10 or should we just stick with older Windows version. Should we upgrade or should we wait?

2. Thanks khyangg thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnel View Post
    Windows 10 will be available soon, big question is that will MT4 work flawlessly on Windows 10 or should we just stick with older Windows version. Should we upgrade or should we wait?
    Wow Ronnel you scared me there cause I just had the same exact thought today and was about to post
    the same question here but just never had the time haha.
    Anyway, I did some googly moogly searching today and looks like MT4 is ready
    for Windows 10 according to their own recent updates, see here:
    http://prntscr.com/7jbet5 (Point Number 12, "Windows 10")
    I think some people have had issues but then again they have only been beta testing so I guess the real
    answer is "We can't know yet" but at least we know MT4 is working on it as far as we can see from their recent
    updates stating they fixed crashes on Win 10. I just ordered win 8.1 today so I can get win 10 update for free
    when it is released but I think I will wait a month or two before I update just to make sure MT4 works on win 10 flawlessly.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Wow Ronnel you scared me there cause I just had the same exact thought today and was about to post
    the same question here but just never had the time haha.
    Anyway, I did some googly moogly searching today and looks like MT4 is ready
    for Windows 10 according to their own recent updates, see here:
    http://prntscr.com/7jbet5 (Point Number 12, "Windows 10")
    I think some people have had issues but then again they have only been beta testing so I guess the real
    answer is "We can't know yet" but at least we know MT4 is working on it as far as we can see from their recent
    updates stating they fixed crashes on Win 10. I just ordered win 8.1 today so I can get win 10 update for free
    when it is released but I think I will wait a month or two before I update just to make sure MT4 works on win 10 flawlessly.

Wow, you are fast doing your googly moogly and very fast ordering Windows 8 to get Windows 10
    I'm using Windows 7 and got a notice from Microsoft that I can upgrade to Windows 10 for free which is awesome. My plan is to first update my wife's pc (lab rat) to Windows 10 and check if MT4 will run flawlessly on her machine but will keep my main pc on Windows 7 until I know that it's safe to do the transition to Windows 10. I'm assuming that there will be problems on the new Windows OS so like what you said maybe I should also wait a month or two for my main pc. Will let other brave traders test the water first before I dive in (chicken), lol!

Wow, you are fast doing your googly moogly and very fast ordering Windows 8 to get Windows 10
    I'm using Windows 7 and got a notice from Microsoft that I can upgrade to Windows 10 for free which is awesome. My plan is to first update my wife's pc (lab rat) to Windows 10 and check if MT4 will run flawlessly on her machine but will keep my main pc on Windows 7 until I know that it's safe to do the transition to Windows 10. I'm assuming that there will be problems on the new Windows OS so like what you said maybe I should also wait a month or two for my main pc. Will let other brave traders test the water first before I dive in (chicken), lol!
    If I have learned something from each time a new OS has been released it's that there is always
    some trouble. Can't blame them though... there's millions of codes so you have to expect some issues.
    I wonder if Win 8 runs without any problem? I've also been considering using MT5 instead of MT4 since I don't use any
    unusual indicators, EMA and Stoch, so maybe I try MT5 instead :P.

I never upgrade windows versions.. I keep my Windows 7 until the world tells me it's over. Take your time, windows 7 so i've heard is going to be the last Windows (from now on only updates for 10). I strongly recommend not the update in the next few months.
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

I also never upgrade. Normally, a computer is based on a certain windows version. Upgrading may cause trouble (mostly not, though) and why change a winning team? Also: a new version always has start up troubles. Better to wait until version 10.1 or 10.2 is there...

Further: I really find it a shame that you are forced to update after a few years. When I buy a computer, I want to be able to work with that same configuration until the computer dies, not until Microsoft decides to kill it.

Haha, I upgraded from XP to 7 a year ago, maybe won’t upgrade to 10 in next few years but regarding your question about Metatrader I think there won’t be any problem to work with it on Windows 10. Metaquotes software try their best to make it accessible to all windows and even if you have problems with mt4 I think with mt5 you won’t have any problems at all, but better to wait till a stable windows 10 version is available as Seasalt told you.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    If I have learned something from each time a new OS has been released it's that there is always
    some trouble. Can't blame them though... there's millions of codes so you have to expect some issues.
    I wonder if Win 8 runs without any problem? I've also been considering using MT5 instead of MT4 since I don't use any
    unusual indicators, EMA and Stoch, so maybe I try MT5 instead :P.
    I installed MT5 on Win 7 to practice. I'm just thinking that because Win 10 is coming, maybe MT4 will slowly get phased out and be fully replaced by MT5 since MT5 is newer. Similar stuffs happened with older programs and games that got phased out from Win XP when Vista and Win 7 arrived. I think that MT4 will not be phased out instantly but it will eventually be just like the older software and games. It's too early to do drastic changes basing only through speculation but I think I'll be fun. I'm also like you and I don't use any unusual indicators so the transition will surely be easier for us MT5 have more TF charts which I think is awesome.

One big problem that I might be facing is that my computers are dinosaurs. I'm still using Core 2 Duo that I assembled from trash and they are still working without problems. Win 10 is scaring me because even if my pcs are inside the minimum hardware requirement, maybe other programs wont work for my dinosaurs. It's all my speculation but will wait and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kay View Post
    I never upgrade windows versions.. I keep my Windows 7 until the world tells me it's over. Take your time, windows 7 so i've heard is going to be the last Windows (from now on only updates for 10). I strongly recommend not the update in the next few months.
    My son is still using XP and the world has told him many times that it's over but he still refuses to change OS even when he has a Windows 7 CD. I told him that I'll change his pc to Win 10 and I got the "finger", lol!

My son is still using XP and the world has told him many times that it's over but he still refuses to change OS even when he has a Windows 7 CD. I told him that I'll change his pc to Win 10 and I got the "finger", lol!
    Ronnel... win XP and Core 2? Are you sure you are living in Japan?
    Hahaha, come on Ronnel, time for a trip to Akihabara, you have some shopping to do .

Well, good thing is that MT5 has been out for a while now and yes I noticed the many more available time frames
    and I'm excited about that too.