15% return, 85% win !!!

Just a quick question about the CT platform... I see that it returns 85% for a win, and 15% for a loss.

I assume that we can never get this sort of even split in real life - where it nets out to zero. In real trading platforms I've seen it seems to be up to 85% win, zero loss, or if you adjust the return for a losing trade, the win% also comes down.

On a second note, is there ever a good reason for taking a higher loss return? Wouldn't the same be achieved by reducing your trade amount?

Quote Originally Posted by DrSpec View Post

On a second note, is there ever a good reason for taking a higher loss return? Wouldn't the same be achieved by reducing your trade amount?
    if you reduce your trading amount by the same % as the return % then yes, both would be the same % (; Now when you're asking "is there ever a good reason for taking a higher loss return?" - you're asking as a trader or a broker?
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Asking as a trader. Seems to me that all I am doing is being less confident about my trades, and as I said would have had the same result if I simply reduced the size of my trades.

Last time I did the calcs it was actually better to stick with zero return for a miss, but that might depend on the broker.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSpec View Post
    Asking as a trader. Seems to me that all I am doing is being less confident about my trades, and as I said would have had the same result if I simply reduced the size of my trades.

Last time I did the calcs it was actually better to stick with zero return for a miss, but that might depend on the broker.
    the best way to play it safe is to reduce your trade amount, and your win/loss percentage, get your trade risk size down to where it is less than 3% of your account, maybe even less than 2%, and then forget about it, use that percent for every trade, and then go make trades according to your rules,forget about the trade amount, worry about your win/loss rate.... if you aren't winning at least 50% you need to rethink something, you need to be over 54% to be sure of making profits..

It depends from the brokers. In most cases payout is in range 70-85%. If you win you'll earn 85% on investment amount. For example you invest $10 per trade and recorded in the money you've earned 8.5$.If trade recorded out of the money you've lost $10.

Brokers offer the following:
    EUR/USD call option entry points 1.13000 expiry 5 minutes. After 5 minute expiry price was risen and dropped but exit points wasn't change as entry points.It was the same as entry points. In this case it was 1.13000.Some brokers offers different payout for such cases.

In this case you was traded with $10 per trade and expiry points was the same as entry you'll be paid only $10. Some brokers this situations offer as lost trade and you're lost $10.Winning trade is required minimum exit points 1.13001 in this case.

As I told you before it depends on the policy broker.Our CT on the forum will back the money if the exit points is the same as entry points. It doesn't matter what trading strategy you're used CALL/PUT.This case was interesting to me so I was described