Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What strategy are you using or testing right now ? !!!

Tell us the result
    -Is it good or bad?
    -Is it hard or easy for beginner?
    -How much, did you gain and loss?
    -What timeframe and expiry?
    -Is it a famous strategy with a few modification?
    (you don't really have to list all of it and you can add more info if you like)

2. Thanks Okane, khyangg thanked this post
    Hey!
    Interesting questions.
    Firstly, I would like to say that many traders ask the same
    questions when they first start trading because they want to know
    what successful people are doing . Of course you are off with a good start
    if you know what profitable traders are doing but also bear in mind that
    most of the things that lead to success are not as mechanical as you might think.
    Meaning, it isn't just the strategy that produces the profits, it is the traders experience.
    In conclusion; don't expect the same results unless you gain your own skills first.

- It is great. I am using price action analysis and I am being profitable with it.

- It is very difficult for beginners - requires at least one year of analyzing the charts.

- Varies from month to month but I do monthly withdrawals.

- To master price action you have to analyze all time frames and adapt your expiry after patterns, times and other things.

- It isn't really a strategy anymore, it's more like "chart analysis" but I still managed to explain it in
    an article, tried to make it as "mechanical as possible" but it isn't uploaded on BOTS yet so it isn't famous yet .
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

4. Thanks Xeno thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedollar View Post
    Tell us the result
    -Is it good or bad?
    I'm using/testing Ichimoku Kinko Hyo (using tradition Japanese style of trading) from about a week ago. I haven't tested it yet on live trading but doing intensive back testing on MT4's Strategy Tester and doing some demo trading on all major currency pairs. I'm testing it from M5 to H4 and also testing it for scalping and can say that it's giving me around 70 to 80% wins if I trade with it safely. I'm a BO newbie and very new to Ichimoku Kinko Hyo system but I'm hoping that I can further push it's potential more once I have truly learned and have adapted to it.

I think it's famous and a favorite of many pro Japanese traders but is still not that popular outside Japan. I think beginners could find Ichimoku a bit difficult to learn especially when they are just trying to learn S/R, Moving Average, Stochastic, MACD, etc. plus the naming of it's components are in Japanese so that is another hurdle for newbies who don't understand the Japanese language.
    It's setup may look cluttered and can be overwhelming at first but it is quite straight forward once the student has learned the basics and has spent some time with it.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Okane Sensei,

I'm also using/learning price action analysis.
    Following my teacher's footsteps
    Last edited by Ronnel; 05-18-2015 at 01:12 PM.

I use a mix of fundamental and technical analysis using macro economic data to speculate the S&P 500, oil, gold, and the dollar. My indicators are stochastic, macd, trend lines, moving average, Fibonacci and support/resistance. I usually use 3days to one week expiry, sometimes shorter sometimes longer,

Its good, Its a place beginners can start, It makes money for me and it is my strategy based on standard, well known, time tested, wholesome, old fashioned technical analysis, from a fundamental approach.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedollar View Post
    Tell us the result
    -Is it good or bad?
    I'm continually testing an own system. It's not hard, but not standard either.
    Results are looking good, although I had a few bad runs and made some mistakes.
    Since my last system update, I made 67,57% ITM on 37 live trades. Overall testing also ends at about 67% with 600+ trades, so I'm on target there.

I trade on 1 minute time frame and my expiry is between 5 and 10 minutes. The only asset I trade is EUR/USD, normally between 9:30 and 13:00 CET.

The system is 'new' (testing more than a year now ), uses EMA's and is not based on another strategy.
    Last edited by SeasaltMcFish; 05-19-2015 at 11:50 AM.

TRADING ASSETS EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, AUD/USD, USD/CAD less gold and oil.
    TIME FRAME EXPIRY 1h, 4h, 8h, day, 3days and week. Sometimes I use 5-15 minutes.
    TRADING STRATEGY PUT/CALL, TOUCH/NO TOUCH, NO TOUCH UP/NO TOUCH DOWN EUR/JPY, TOUCH UP/DOWN AUD/USD
    TRADING TOOLS;RSI(30,70).MACD(12,26,9), BOLLINGER BANDS(2,20), FIBONACCI(38.2%, 61,8%)
    SUCCESS RATE 70-80% on monthly basis. In the last two years above 66%.

TIME FRAME EXPIRY 1h, 4h, 8h, day, 3days and week. Sometimes I use 5-15 minutes.
    TRADING STRATEGY PUT/CALL, TOUCH/NO TOUCH, NO TOUCH UP/NO TOUCH DOWN EUR/JPY, TOUCH UP/DOWN AUD/USD
    TRADING TOOLS;RSI(30,70).MACD(12,26,9), BOLLINGER BANDS(2,20), FIBONACCI(38.2%, 61,8%)
    SUCCESS RATE 70-80% on monthly basis. In the last two years above 62%-66%.

Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    SUCCESS RATE 70-80% on monthly basis. In the last two years above 66%.
    Wow you are an all-rounder with high success rate, that's awesome! Many thank for sharing your settings. I will definitely try your settings and see if I can learn and steal some of your techniques!

Many thanks milos!

I watch and watch and watch that's about it. When the pair makes what I can a unusual move up or down I do the opposite way for the correction. I only trade 60 seconds and only the USD/JPY. Not much of a system most of it seems intuitive and I'm new. I don't trade on Mondays and only spend a hour or 2 a day. It's working so far after 17 days of live trading I have around a 72% win rate on 130 trades netting a clear $2000 with a $300 open deposit. Most important to me is how I react to trading. To know when to walk away when the market is not with me is very important.
    I guess the future will tell a lot more.
    Randy

- its neither good or bad.
    - its easy to understands
    - i gain enough to support my life style.
    - 5min,15min and 1 hr tf - 5 min,15min and 1 hr expiry
    - yes its a famous strategy . its called Confluence.

indicators i use :
    - stochastic (%K-5,%D-2,Slowing-3)
    - custom fractal ( 7 )
    - 3 day pivot levels
    - Big Round Numbers