Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Multi time frame strategy - Q's !!!

Hey guys,

I recently configured everything to be able to use that strategy and see if it fits me. I analysed the curves and kept 4 charts up to follow in MT4. Form your exemples, the Stoch lines were crossing either 80 down or 20 up together. In my screenshot, lines are crossing but not together. How does that have an impact on the signal? Also, are the lines I drawn at the signal points? Just so I know i'm not totally wrong with this.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	3123
    Last edited by rubydragon; 05-08-2015 at 08:18 PM.

What do you mean? What strategy are u talking about?
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

I'm trying to find the strategy in all the threads you wrote. I will eventually find it. Here is a resume of what i've understood:

- Look at 15 mins charts
    - Add 15mins Stoch indicator
    - Add 60mins Stoch indicator
    - Look at the 60mins indicator to see in which global direction it's going. Also, it needs volatility so the 2 lines have to be spread apart. The more the better.
    - Look at the 15mins indicator and wait for it to cross the 20 or 80 mark
    - Wait for the lines in the 15mins indicator window to come back the 20/80 line in the same direction of the 60mins indicator window
    - Enter the market when the 15 mins indicator cross the 20/80 line in the same direction of the 60mins indicator

Oh ok man. Good luck with it.

PS: I cannot open/see the picture attachment in your first post.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

Thanks but you did not answer the questions hehe.. I'll see if I still have the picture on the other computer when I get in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by rubydragon View Post
    Thanks but you did not answer the questions hehe.. I'll see if I still have the picture on the other computer when I get in the office.
    Hehe, of course I didnt answer the question because I couldnt see the picture. Since the question was related to the picture, how could I answer it?
    So, now I can:
    The lines will almost never cross together. The exact cross will not happen exactly on the 80 or 20 line. It doesnt have any impact on the signal.
    Yes, your signals are correct according to my article. You got it right

Cheers!

Yeah, what Bogdan says. It is possible for %K to cross %D as %D crosses one of the signal lines and is usually a stronger signal, but any signal line crossover in-line with your underlying trend would be considered an entry point...

Alright... good to know i'm on the right track. One last thing.. is it important that the 1 hour Stoch be widely spread apart? I've been using this strategy and been watching charts one and off for 3 days and it's hard to have both the hour Stoch in one direction and the 5 mins Stoch coming back from an OB/OS situation in the same direction than the 1 hour Stoch. If the lines have to be spread apart nicely, it's happening even less often.

An exemple would be the 1st line i've drawn on the picture. 1 hour stoch lines are not that far apart one of each other. Sometimes, they are even closer. How much of an impact does taht have?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rubydragon View Post
    Alright... good to know i'm on the right track. One last thing.. is it important that the 1 hour Stoch be widely spread apart? I've been using this strategy and been watching charts one and off for 3 days and it's hard to have both the hour Stoch in one direction and the 5 mins Stoch coming back from an OB/OS situation in the same direction than the 1 hour Stoch. If the lines have to be spread apart nicely, it's happening even less often.

An exemple would be the 1st line i've drawn on the picture. 1 hour stoch lines are not that far apart one of each other. Sometimes, they are even closer. How much of an impact does taht have?

Thanks
    Well a nice spread of teh Stoch lines shows you momentum and I always want to have momentum on my side. But indeed, you won't get a lot of trades and this could lead to frustration. To answer your question: yes, it's important to see the lines spread apart but you will have to judge on how much is good enough for you.

Tip: at least look at the Red line and trade when you see it sloping down for Puts and up for Calls.

Cheers!