Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New member

New member !!!

Hey guys,

I've been lurking around your school and education material for a couple days and I was ready to go to the next level so I decided to register. Here is a few bit of information about myself.

My name is Ian and i'm from Canada, Quebec. I've been around the binary world for around a year on and off. I'm someone that read's alot and usually go deep through things that i'm interested in. I wish to become a good trader and more than that, be able to read the market as one would read a book.

I have a little story to share with you that could possibily warn traders about a not so great broker. I came across a thread that was talking about it but of course, it was too late for me. I signed with Bigoption a few months ago and read about a service that very few was offering, the possibility to have an account manager, an "expert trader" to trade for you. I asked many questions before signing the documents to make sure I would not fall into a scam. They know how to lie to their clients and make them think they will be handled by professionals. Well, guess what... i've ben tricked into it. I didn't lost that much but eough to be frustrated. I even asked to have another manager just to see that he was not more skilled than the previous one. And I thought it made sense when they said that the broker was making their money off successful traders trades. I'm wondering if that wasn't a lie either.

Anyway, I managed to stop them before the account was completly empty and i'm trying to recoup the money lost to be able to make a withdraw and close the account hoping I won't get another bad surprise when it will be time for that. In the meantime, I will lurk some more around the forums and will educate myself some more.

Cheers

Ian

Sad story again, hope you recover soon.

Best advise is to go through our school and read some blogs here. Take time to learn and practice and you'll be able to build up again.

Wishing you good trades!

Hey, good decision to join our forum!

In case you haven't completely understood what was going on I can tell you that
    the problem was not that the account manager wasn't a skilled trader. In fact, the problem is that
    you have a conflict of interest with the account manager. They make money off of deposits so there is no point
    in making money for you to withdraw. Well, maybe only if it makes you deposit even more money lol.
    Therefore, you should never let any account manager touch your account other than handling your withdrawals.
    I hope you understand now.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

4. Thanks Kolyo thanked this post
    Welcome Ian

Hope you will be wise and will learn the lessons. Listen to Okane. He has good experience in trading and always gives wise advices. You have to learn a lot before starting trading again, but two things you can really change - switch to good broker and never ever give them rights to trade on your behalf.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Hello to you! Don't worry. Almost every beginner starts by getting tricked into easy money promises. You'll get over it and develop your own ways. You say you are persistant in your hobbies. Well, than start learning and try to trade on your own. You'll have both OTMs and ITMs, but eventually you'll become profitable. It takes time and it is not easy, but becoming good at this pays off in many ways besides the money part. Good luck!

lessons learned are worth money in the bank, pick a better broker, listen to Okane, work on your strategy, use money management and you will become profitable. I promise. Just work at it, it'll happen. Welcome aboard.

Hello Ian and welcome to the forum.

Here is the best place when you can find answers and to learn more. It is existed trading chat rooms with daily and weekly trading tips.Also there are a lot of trading journals with short time frame expiry 5-15 minutes.You can read useful articles based on trading strategies and tips. No need to use other trading signals.

Cheers!
    Milos

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I don't get how people can scam people for a living. There is so much more to gain at the end of the road from being honest and as cool as possible with your neighbors. Oh well, 2k worth lesson learned... Could of been worse.

Anyway, i'm spending most of my free time at work to lurk around the forum and get as much information as possible. I even ended exhausted from reading new stuff yesterday. I had to take an early break lol.

I'm enjoying talking with real professional. Learning is what drives me in life. I'm in for the long run.

See you around

10. Thanks Okane thanked this post
    Hi, Ian! Yeah, it could have been worse, trust me! Luckily, you've had your share of getting scammed and now you can go on living in the real trading world. If you stick around and listen to those guys, you'll deffinitely improve.

Quote Originally Posted by rubydragon View Post
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. I don't get how people can scam people for a living. There is so much more to gain at the end of the road from being honest and as cool as possible with your neighbors. Oh well, 2k worth lesson learned... Could of been worse.

Anyway, i'm spending most of my free time at work to lurk around the forum and get as much information as possible. I even ended exhausted from reading new stuff yesterday. I had to take an early break lol.

I'm enjoying talking with real professional. Learning is what drives me in life. I'm in for the long run.

See you around
    Yes, well that's how it is. You wouldn't believe how many scammers you'll meet. That's why you need to realy learn and understand stuff about strategies, brokers, platforms, services and so on so you can filter the truly helpful sites and distinguish them from scammers. For example, this forum is very very helpful so you've come to the right place here. Take it step by step. Start with the School, finish it. Read other members diaries, start your own. Make a lot of demo trades before you jump into real trading... in fact you could use CT.