Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please help! 24option's expiry time !!!

Hi guys!

I need some serious help about 24option's expiry time because I don't know how to read it. I understand 20:15 to 21:30 (which is 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 minutes and 21:00 is 60 minutes, 21:30 is 90 minutes but I can't understand 1/05 05:00 and 2/05 05:00.

I would really like to do H1 to H4 because now even M30 scares me but I'm really having problems reading 24option's expiry time. I made several mistakes and I still have one open trade that I don't know when will it expire...

My apologies and many thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnel View Post
    Hi guys!

I need some serious help about 24option's expiry time because I don't know how to read it. I understand 20:15 to 21:30 (which is 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 minutes and 21:00 is 60 minutes, 21:30 is 90 minutes but I can't understand 1/05 05:00 and 2/05 05:00.

I would really like to do H1 to H4 because now even M30 scares me but I'm really having problems reading 24option's expiry time. I made several mistakes and I still have one open trade that I don't know when will it expire...

Hi Ronnel,

As far as I know the 1/05 05:00 and 2/05 05:00 are respectively one and two days of expiry, but not with exact 24 and 48 hours period but with something like “End of the Day” expiry. The question is – are the hours UTC or your local Japan Time? If they are your local time maybe they are adjusted to 24 UTC. For example the same expirations here are 1/05 22:00 and 2/05 22:00 and maybe that is because my time zone is GMT-2. Not absolutely sure but this is the most probable explanation in my opinion.

Of course you can ask their customer support as well. It is good to start trading higher time frames first so you are right that it is better to avoid at the beginning expiries below H1. When you start feeling comfortable with them you can trade them too, but it needs more experience. For example after news announcements it is great way to play the sentiment with 15 minutes options.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    Hi Ronnel,

As far as I know the 1/05 05:00 and 2/05 05:00 are respectively one and two days of expiry, but not with exact 24 and 48 hours period but with something like “End of the Day” expiry. The question is – are the hours UTC or your local Japan Time? If they are your local time maybe they are adjusted to 24 UTC. For example the same expirations here are 1/05 22:00 and 2/05 22:00 and maybe that is because my time zone is GMT-2. Not absolutely sure but this is the most probable explanation in my opinion.

Of course you can ask their customer support as well. It is good to start trading higher time frames first so you are right that it is better to avoid at the beginning expiries below H1. When you start feeling comfortable with them you can trade them too, but it needs more experience. For example after news announcements it is great way to play the sentiment with 15 minutes options.
    Hi Kolyo,

I will ask their customer support to get accurate answers. Will also clarify if I'm really using local Japan time.
    Based on my demo performance, I get better results with higher time frames like H1 and H4. It is much easier too and less stressful than lower time frames but since I am having difficulties with 24option's expiry options, I am forced to use lower expiry which I find too much of a challenge.

As always, many thanks for you advice and for your kind help.

Hi guys!

check with Okane, I know he's trading with 24option on a regular basis.
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Hi Kolyo,

I will ask their customer support to get accurate answers. Will also clarify if I'm really using local Japan time.
    Based on my demo performance, I get better results with higher time frames like H1 and H4. It is much easier too and less stressful than lower time frames but since I am having difficulties with 24option's expiry options, I am forced to use lower expiry which I find too much of a challenge.

As always, many thanks for you advice and for your kind help.
    Ronnel, about the 24Option's expiries;

Kind of hard to explain as they change. For example, additional expiries
    are added for selection as the time goes by. So you are able to trade later times.
    I don't see why there's a problem trading one hour or higher expiries with 24Option?
    For example if you execute a trade at 16:00 you usually have the option to set the expiry to 1700/30 or 1800/30 or 1900/30 or more.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Ronnel, about the 24Option's expiries;

Kind of hard to explain as they change. For example, additional expiries
    are added for selection as the time goes by. So you are able to trade later times.
    I don't see why there's a problem trading one hour or higher expiries with 24Option?
    For example if you execute a trade at 16:00 you usually have the option to set the expiry to 1700/30 or 1800/30 or 1900/30 or more.

Hi Okane Sensei!
    There are many times that I only saw 10, 15, 30 minutes and 1 day or 2 days expiry. There are times I see many choices but often the choices are small. There are times they don't have H1... This really freaks me out because I really want to trade a specific expiry but can't. I don't know but there are times that I only see about 5 to 6 choices and sometimes even less. I think that I really have to study more and be efficient with different time frames.

Many thanks!

Hi Okane Sensei!
    There are many times that I only saw 10, 15, 30 minutes and 1 day or 2 days expiry. There are times I see many choices but often the choices are small. There are times they don't have H1... This really freaks me out because I really want to trade a specific expiry but can't. I don't know but there are times that I only see about 5 to 6 choices and sometimes even less. I think that I really have to study more and be efficient with different time frames.

Many thanks!
    The fewer opportunities are often at "night". I remember there's a 9 hour time difference between
    my location and Japan so if I am not mistaken, night here is day in Japan and vice versa, hence the fewer choices
    when you trade during the day.
    I usually trade between 10-20:00 GMT +1 and there are many choices to pick from for expiries.
    After midnight, around 1:00 and above you will also have more choices. I think you should also take a look at Stockpair.
    If you prefer longer expiries Stockpair is a great broker.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    The fewer opportunities are often at "night". I remember there's a 9 hour time difference between
    my location and Japan so if I am not mistaken, night here is day in Japan and vice versa, hence the fewer choices
    when you trade during the day.
    I usually trade between 10-20:00 GMT +1 and there are many choices to pick from for expiries.
    After midnight, around 1:00 and above you will also have more choices. I think you should also take a look at Stockpair.
    If you prefer longer expiries Stockpair is a great broker.

I watched 24option expiry chart yesterday and you are right! There were only 5 choices at noon and 6 choices around 4pm (JST). 1 hour expiry appeared around 4pm but before that the longest offered for medium expiry was only M30. Now it's 2:00am here in Japan and I can see 10 choices. I think they also offer more expiry choices her at night. Will observe more.
    Maybe sometime in the future I will also try Stockpair.

Many thanks Okane Sensei.

I watched 24option expiry chart yesterday and you are right! There were only 5 choices at noon and 6 choices around 4pm (JST). 1 hour expiry appeared around 4pm but before that the longest offered for medium expiry was only M30. Now it's 2:00am here in Japan and I can see 10 choices. I think they also offer more expiry choices her at night. Will observe more.
    Maybe sometime in the future I will also try Stockpair.

Many thanks Okane Sensei.
    Hi Ronnel,

You can really try StockPair in the future too. I think they have even more expiration times but it is difficult to compare unless you have both 24Option and StockPair at once. Meanwhile try to figure out which is the most appropriate time of the day to enter your trades. In terms of volatility the European and early US trading sessions gives best opportunities, so if you have enough expirations at this period of time you can focus your efforts on this time of the day.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

I trade using 24option and I have that problem too because they change choices almost everyday.. so sometimes, I can't choose the right expiry time because it's not present.. that has brought me to use two brokers simultaneously