Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wating for JPY's sleeping time. !!!

I have been watching all major pairs but what interest me most is JPY. I hate it to be honest since I find it very difficult to do accurate S/R predictions since JPY has a strong tendency to keep breaking over my S/R's Support Line. Since I noticed that JPY tends to weaken down during Japan's lunch time and gains strength after they have taken their sushi. JPY also tends to show their last banzai battle cry during the last 2 hours of JPN's trading hours.

I've noticed this many times even on an uptrend against JPY during JPY's trading time. For example USD/JPY, the Moving Average trend was upwards, S/R properly plotted showing an upward bounce, JPY breaks Support line, me scratch head again...

My big question is, do you think that it is best if I'm bidding against JPY to wait until JPN's trading time is over or wait for the USD, EUR, GBP trading time to start before I make a trade.

Does this lunch time and two hours after banzai effect happen too in other currencies?
    Many thanks guys (and beautiful ladies)

All I can say is that it looks like an observation that is worth to
    test for a while, see if you have something or not.
    If not, you still learn something .
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    All I can say is that it looks like an observation that is worth to
    test for a while, see if you have something or not.
    If not, you still learn something .
    I have been observing it for a few weeks and it looks like clockwork especially during sushi time. I did several live trades yesterday and the day before on USD/JPY, EUR/JPY and GBP/JPY during and after lunch plus closing time and closed time and there seem to have a pattern and used my hocus-pocus theory and got good results. I still have to trade more to see if my theory is correct.

Hello Ronnel

I'd like your observation.You have to watch more than two weeks.USD/JPY,GBP/JPY,CHF/JPY and EUR/JPY are the same direction. AUD/JPY NZD/JPY I'm not sure. I only know that NZD/JPY is the best for carry trade and speculation. It is related on forex trading not binaries.

Also it depends what trading session you're watching:Asian,European or US trading session or when European(London) and US(New York) overlap 8.30am-12pm by EST.

Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    Hello Ronnel

I'd like your observation.You have to watch more than two weeks.USD/JPY,GBP/JPY,CHF/JPY and EUR/JPY are the same direction. AUD/JPY NZD/JPY I'm not sure. I only know that NZD/JPY is the best for carry trade and speculation. It is related on forex trading not binaries.

Also it depends what trading session you're watching:Asian,European or US trading session or when European(London) and US(New York) overlap 8.30am-12pm by EST.
    Hi Milos!
    Part of my observation with JPY is during JPN's lunch time. I observed when I'm eating lunch, JPY seems to have less force but after lunch the force starts pulling down again. I've tried trading for and against JPY several times on demo and live platform using my observation and there seems to be an obvious pattern. My observation is that from 12 noon to 1 pm there is not much action but after lunch the JPY's candles seems to move more and with more force. I don't know if my observation is with real relevance or truth but I have tried doing several testing on demo and live and got good results. My strategy is: if it's lunch time, I'll go for HIGH (USD) but after lunch I'll go for LOW (JPY). Several minutes after lunch JPY's pull seems to weaken a bit and show force again before trading day ends.

I'm also thinking about the JPN's Golden Week which will be on the fist week of May. This is where JPN will be having about a five day work vacation. Will this affect the market or will it go with the same force??? Will do more observation
    Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnel View Post
    Hi Milos!
    Part of my observation with JPY is during JPN's lunch time. I observed when I'm eating lunch, JPY seems to have less force but after lunch the force starts pulling down again. I've tried trading for and against JPY several times on demo and live platform using my observation and there seems to be an obvious pattern. My observation is that from 12 noon to 1 pm there is not much action but after lunch the JPY's candles seems to move more and with more force. I don't know if my observation is with real relevance or truth but I have tried doing several testing on demo and live and got good results. My strategy is: if it's lunch time, I'll go for HIGH (USD) but after lunch I'll go for LOW (JPY). Several minutes after lunch JPY's pull seems to weaken a bit and show force again before trading day ends.

I'm also thinking about the JPN's Golden Week which will be on the fist week of May. This is where JPN will be having about a five day work vacation. Will this affect the market or will it go with the same force??? Will do more observation
    Many thanks!
    Ronnel, you are right. In Asia there are 3 financial centres, Toyko(Japan), Singapore and Hong Kong. They are many players in Japan invloved in USDJPY eg Besides the banks, Hedge funds, importers & exporters, Insurance companies. Their volume are huge. During Japan this time, Singapore and Hong Kong traders also follow Japan lunch break.
    So during their lunch break USDJPY does not hv much movement.

7. Thanks Okane thanked this post
    I've noticed during the launch time,its 6-7am by my time zone, morning, slow market moves. I suppose its slow market sentiment.Sidney is closed at 7am by my time zone and Tokyo at 9am.

I was studying similar. I compared weekly volatility EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY and USD/CHF. USD/JPY is the most stable currency pair. At least volatility USD/JPY.You can see the following
    1.GBP/USD
    2.EUR/USD
    3.USD/CHF
    4.USD/JPY

Quote Originally Posted by willyw View Post
    Ronnel, you are right. In Asia there are 3 financial centres, Toyko(Japan), Singapore and Hong Kong. They are many players in Japan invloved in USDJPY eg Besides the banks, Hedge funds, importers & exporters, Insurance companies. Their volume are huge. During Japan this time, Singapore and Hong Kong traders also follow Japan lunch break.
    So during their lunch break USDJPY does not hv much movement.
    Hi willyw!
    Thanks for clarifying my observation. My conclusion is that even though the market is 24-7, people really do need to eat

Since you mainly do USDJPY I'm going to ask for your observation and experience about Japan's business year end which is the last day of March. Here in Japan, most business are in rampage during March because of business quotas that have to be met. Even in the car business, everybody want to sell to meet their company's yearly quota. Registered cars that needs to be deregistered will be done before April so that car insurances will not be passed on to the next business year. Insurance companies, export companies, normal companies, banks, etc. go crazy. Does this have any affect on Forex and Binary Options? How about year end like December?

Quote Originally Posted by milos View Post
    I've noticed during the launch time,its 6-7am by my time zone, morning, slow market moves. I suppose its slow market sentiment.Sidney is closed at 7am by my time zone and Tokyo at 9am.

I was studying similar. I compared weekly volatility EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY and USD/CHF. USD/JPY is the most stable currency pair. At least volatility USD/JPY.You can see the following
    1.GBP/USD
    2.EUR/USD
    3.USD/CHF
    4.USD/JPY
    Hi milos!
    Many thanks for that. From now on I will try to observe those pair habits.

One thing I observe is GBP/JPY and EUR/JPY that their movements are very similar. Even the candle's formation and trend that most of the times look identical. Sometimes it's like doing 1 analysis for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnel View Post
    Hi willyw!
    Thanks for clarifying my observation. My conclusion is that even though the market is 24-7, people really do need to eat

Since you mainly do USDJPY I'm going to ask for your observation and experience about Japan's business year end which is the last day of March. Here in Japan, most business are in rampage during March because of business quotas that have to be met. Even in the car business, everybody want to sell to meet their company's yearly quota. Registered cars that needs to be deregistered will be done before April so that car insurances will not be passed on to the next business year. Insurance companies, export companies, normal companies, banks, etc. go crazy. Does this have any affect on Forex and Binary Options? How about year end like December?
    Yes those businesses do more or less affect the market. As these companies do exports, too. Year end we don't expect much movement as everyone globally are in holiday mood and hence the market is not so liquid. Though Japan doesn't not celebrate Christmas but 23 Dec is a public holiday for them which is the Emperor's Birthday.
    May will not have much trading from Japan as they are having a "Golden Holiday" which last for 1 week.
    Hope this info helps you Ronnel.