Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1. Buy bacon 2. ??? 3. Profit? !!!

Greetings fellow traders, my name's Lance, I'm from Toronto. I appreciate the time you are taking out of your busy day to read this random introduction thread, so I'll try to make it worth your while to the best of my ability.
    Here's a picture of bacon:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baconprofits.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	2946

I'm just starting with binary options and I haven't made a single trade yet, but I really like everything about it, it's ideal for me because I get to work from home, on my computer, being my own boss. That's why I'm gonna dedicate all my time to learning the trade. I've been reading up on all sorts of related material and I'm very patiently waiting to start with a humble $200, but before I do so I was hoping to find someone with experience and skype/ventrilo/whatever you use, who is trading something I could start trading. I've always found it best to learn from a friend who's good at whatever it is I'm learning and since I really don't want to waste my initial investment I figured the smartest thing to do is to follow the lead of someone who wouldn't be as likely to lose money.

Hopefully one of you guys reading is down to help me out and I promise after my first $1000 the beer's on me!

Judging by some of the reviews here I think I should start with either Banc De Binary or 24option, but I'll use whatever you guys would recommend. Does living in Canada limit my options or make any particular platform more favorable?
    I learn fast and I spend most of my time on the computer, reading, watching, so I'm sure I'll quickly kick the training wheels and have my own advice to give to folks in the future.
    Last edited by buybacon; 04-01-2015 at 10:10 PM.

Hi Lance, welcome here at BOTS.

24Option is a trusted broker, but personally, I wouldn't recommend Banc de Binary, since their pricing doesn't seem so good. It's your choice, but maybe you should go through our school and articles first, so you know what you are doing. Rushing in is a nearly sure way to lose your $200.

Take time to learn in our free school and to read the broker reviews, so you will be able to use your $200 as good as possible.

Good trading!

Thanks and yeah I've been going through preschool all day, a medal to all the authors, I'd be completely lost without it.

welcome aboard mate. if yo have any questions, don't hestiate to ask! 24Option is a good choice, stockpair, bosscapital - http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...-brokers-suck/

Living in Canada is much better in terms of options to trade. Same rules as EU. I think those guys are Canadians?! Loving their show lol

Name:	bacon-strips.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	2948
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Welcome, bacon is always welcome .
    24Option is better.

Even if you want to follow a pro just read some more
    in our school everything you know helps.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Hello, bacon! You made me hungry. Don't worry you're at the best place for a newbie. You should start with the School articles and meanwhile try browsing some of the experienced traders' journals. You can learn a lot about strategies and market movements analyzis from them. Don't invest money before you've tried trading demo. Download MT4 and yes, 24options is deffinitely better. Good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Kay View Post
    welcome aboard mate. if yo have any questions, don't hestiate to ask! 24Option is a good choice, stockpair, bosscapital -

Living in Canada is much better in terms of options to trade. Same rules as EU. I think those guys are Canadians?! Loving their show lol

Name:	bacon-strips.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	2948
    Yeah, they're from Toronto as well, they figured out the bacon formula and now they're rolling in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Welcome, bacon is always welcome .
    24Option is better.

Even if you want to follow a pro just read some more
    in our school everything you know helps.
    Thanks, on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by linda_fx View Post
    Hello, bacon! You made me hungry. Don't worry you're at the best place for a newbie. You should start with the School articles and meanwhile try browsing some of the experienced traders' journals. You can learn a lot about strategies and market movements analyzis from them. Don't invest money before you've tried trading demo. Download MT4 and yes, 24options is deffinitely better. Good luck to you!
    Thanks, got MT4, it's a bit overwhelming, but so was photoshop.

So, I have probably the most basic question, I'm almost ashamed to ask, but how does one end up making money by predicting the fall of, say, bacon's price? Don't I have to buy up a bunch of bacon for cheap first, then sell once the price rises? How does simply betting that the price will go down make money?

Haha nice question If it is cheap and you predict that it will rise it is again betting. It may not rise at all. For example if you were a commodity bull last year and start buying heavily crude oil futures you will end up losing your money. If you were bear and predict the crash you will end with tones of money in your account this year. Every trade is a bet some of them are more predictable some are less, but nobody knows the future for sure
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Right, so how did the bears get money from the crash? I get how the bulls buy cheap and sell high, but how do you predict the price will drop and gain from it?

It's because others predict the opposite. There are so many traders, there will always be the ones that think differently.

Also a reason why you should trade with the big brokers, unless you can afford it to take some risk with a small broker (that doesn't have to be bad -they all started small- but may have trouble to pay extreme winnings).