Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile How to turn a custom indicator into an autotrade EA? !!!

Hi all,
    I am actually enjoying a custom indicator which is very simple and puts an arrow in the direction of the trade that i will take; the indicator is fully working and i am looking for a broker that accepts BO autotrade (actually, the choice is on Core Liquidity Markets, but i will search for some alternatives).

Anyway, the indicator itself is not able to open a position with a broker but i do beleave that only a few lines of code are needed to implement such a function.
    I have some "minor" programming skill, but i need an advice on how to start to turn this indicator in an autotrade EA; i read something about bid/ask but i am still in need of some help.

Keeping this simple, the EA has to open the position when the arrow gets printed on the screen by the indicator.

I think that something like flagging the arrow and then call a function to open the trade if the flag was triggered can work, but maybe i am totally wrong; i would appreciate any help or even just a link to an informative source for this subject.

Any hint?

There are a couple of platforms that will either link your MT4 EA to their autotrader or turn your indicator into an EA for their platform... you can find some information here

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....Binary-Options or here
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....1815#post41815 or here
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....3431#post43431

Thankx for the links, it seems that coding an EA is more complex than just add a bunch of lines to the code, i will trade manually for the moment and search for some payed coding service in the near future (please, if anyone on BOTS is interested in coding the EA, replay or PM me).

this guy will link your EA, if its MT4, to his dashboard and then you can autotrade it from there....

http://socialtradingbinaryoptions.co...ocial-trading/

Oh thank you Michael, yes i am on MT4 and this is what i was looking for (quoting from your link):

"If you have your own MT4 indicator or EA you can link it to the BOAT as well and use it to autotrade.. All you have to do is send the code to the team and they will add the autotrader technology to it"

I have just a couple of questions, i'll try ask directly to you:

- Can you suggest some brokers which are good with the BOAT connection (i'm european)? I mean, the broker has to accept autotrade AND has to offer fixed expire times (sadly, all of the brokers that i have checked just offer expire times around the clock, ie. i can choose an expire at 16.30 or 16.45 or 17.00 but i can't choose an expire of 15 min or 30 min starting from my signal, which sucks)

- It is possible to ask the BOAT team some coding changes to my indicator? I have manually edited an indicator found in Internet to meet my requirements, but my coding skills are low and i have introduced some false signals which i am actually filtering manually when i open a trade; the indicator is probably not ready for full autotrade but i know what to change to make it work fine, i just need the coding competence

- Last: assuming that BOAT will code the indicator into an EA, will they send me the EA code or not?

Cheers

not sure about the brokers, there are several that they use or are able to link up with, they are very helpful with the coding and etc, and so far as I know they will give you the codes. As I said, they are very helpful so I don't think you'll have any trouble.

I use MT4 trading platform and expert advisors to set up and test it.You can set up time frame charts M1,M5,M15,M30,H1,H4,DAILY,WEEKLY..It is showed on the picture below.In this case it was H4 and EUR/USD currency pair.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	expert advisor.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	2927
    Press the button charts

Name:	eurusd.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	2928
    It shows data entry.M15 EUR/USD and MACD testing.

Name:	inputs.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	2929

Name:	macd.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	2930

Comments
    Short can be used for put option.
    Long can be used for call option

Free scalping indicator
    You can download and copy:Program files/Metatraders/experts/indicators

Name:	m15.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	2931
    Sell can be used for put option.
    Buy can be used for call option.

Milos, Where would you recommend going to learn how to move around , download and use the mt4 in general. I have been using ts2000 which is great but there are a lot of custom applications I do not have access to. since you use it I thought you might be able to send me in the right direction. I am also getting into spot forex. Thanks

Milos my problem is that i don't have the EA with my indicator coded in: when i run the strategy tester, i select one of the default EA of MT4 (like the MACD sample in your screenshots) and then i add my custom indicator to the chart, ignoring the EA and just watching my indicator signals

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    not sure about the brokers, there are several that they use or are able to link up with, they are very helpful with the coding and etc, and so far as I know they will give you the codes. As I said, they are very helpful so I don't think you'll have any trouble.
    Ok sounds good I have contacted BOAT at this mail support@sixtysecondoptions.com (which i hope is the correct one), lets see if i can get the job done!
    Spirito del Kamikaze