Metatrader 4 - is it all the same? !!!

Hi, I'm starting to try Binary options. and i use IQ option so far (demo account) anyways. I see charting programs would help me look back at stock prices and help me look into my crystal ball and predict the future (lol). I have a macbook air and want to use metatrader.

my question.

Is the metatrader from the metatrader website the one to use? is places like FXTM and XM that have metatrader 4 the same? or are they just another broker like IQ options? can i use these places with out actually using them to trade with? or is it better to use them? i just want something standalone and then i chose my broker..

i dont undertsand.. please help

thankyou

before you continue with IQOption, I must warn you - it seems like their pricing is far, very far sometimes, from the mt4 pricing. It might make it very hard on you. Also their spreading is sometimes exaggerated.
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

can you please elaborate and explain this a little more please.

4. Thanks Martin Kay thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by aidobeast View Post
    can you please elaborate and explain this a little more please.
    well if you're planning to use the MT4 charts and trade on IQ, you'll find that there's a big spread (difference) between the price you see on your MT4 and the price you see on your IQ platform. ofcourse most brokers have a certain difference between the MT4 and their own broker, but in certain cases that difference is simply hugh, and on other cases - minor difference which could be overcome easily. check this thread as well (IQ isn't there, but just to understand the concept) - http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....Options-Broker!
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Uh huh. Fair enough. I'll have to try setup everything tonight when I'm home. I loaded the meta trader thing on this website, but I've gota figure it out. Yeah IQ options fluctuates heaps if say, but without a comparison I've got no idea. But playing this morning for a little bit im up another $50. I just hope it's not rigged for the demo account to hook you in.

If anyone here uses them Id really like to know

7. Thanks Martin Kay thanked this post
    All the metatrader platform that brokers uses are the same as the metatrader website. the only difference is the quotes(prices) as each broker uses different datafeed and different providers to get their prices. The difference is not big, though.