Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

An idea - How to start building a strategy !!!

While i was searching between threads an idea appear in my mind. Is good for beginers, is good for advanced users i dont know exactly, but i know that can be useful

How you can aproach to start building a strategy ?

What you want from a strategy and what are you looking when starting building one?

This are some questions, anybody is free to answer and everybody is free to ask.

I want this thread to help users from all categories. I dont know if it is a good thread to start or exist one like this, but i wanted to start one for a test and hope with great results in the end.

I want to have a strategy which give me optimal entry points, show me the trend if im with it or against it for the start. With this in ming i started a strategy using Heihen Ashi candles over Japanese Candels and Parabolic SAR. Heiken Ashi show me if im with the trend and SAR give my signal to enter the trade. From what i tested in MT4 Strategy Tester i have good results but Monday i will test it on real market to see if i was right.

The chart is set up on 5 min and my trades will be 15 minutes. I'm a 5min trader and i want to develop some strategies for 15 and 30 min. I like to trade between 5 and 30 minutes, no less no more, this is where i feel comfortable and i like.

Any sugestions, tips? What other indicators can i use to give me more accurate signal and can help my strategy to be better?

And what do you think about this strategy? Any opinion is welcomed

Sorry for my english and hope for a long story and with great results in the end for everybody

Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Ronye View Post
    While i was searching between threads an idea appear in my mind. Is good for beginers, is good for advanced users i dont know exactly, but i know that can be useful

How you can aproach to start building a strategy ?

What you want from a strategy and what are you looking when starting building one?

This are some questions, anybody is free to answer and everybody is free to ask.

I want this thread to help users from all categories. I dont know if it is a good thread to start or exist one like this, but i wanted to start one for a test and hope with great results in the end.

I want to have a strategy which give me optimal entry points, show me the trend if im with it or against it for the start. With this in ming i started a strategy using Heihen Ashi candles over Japanese Candels and Parabolic SAR. Heiken Ashi show me if im with the trend and SAR give my signal to enter the trade. From what i tested in MT4 Strategy Tester i have good results but Monday i will test it on real market to see if i was right.

The chart is set up on 5 min and my trades will be 15 minutes. I'm a 5min trader and i want to develop some strategies for 15 and 30 min. I like to trade between 5 and 30 minutes, no less no more, this is where i feel comfortable and i like.

Any sugestions, tips? What other indicators can i use to give me more accurate signal and can help my strategy to be better?

And what do you think about this strategy? Any opinion is welcomed

Sorry for my english and hope for a long story and with great results in the end for everybody

Have a nice day
    Hi, we have an article about this: http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...ions-strategy/
    but I am not sure if it covers all your questions but worth checking it out.
    Anyway, I created a newbie strategy a couple years ago and it is based on 15-30 minutes trade just like you want.
    Even if you don't like it you will learn from it how to make your own strategy:
    http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...nd-profitable/
    There you go, I hope that helps.

**There is also a thread devoted for the 15-30 min strategy you might learn something from it:
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....-Strategy-test
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Ok thanks

Sorry for a new thread.

Maybe you can move post or delete it or merge with one of them

Quote Originally Posted by Ronye View Post
    Ok thanks

Sorry for a new thread.

Maybe you can move post or delete it or merge with one of them
    No its OK. I think others might have similar questions and they can see your post it might help
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Your thread is at the right place! Okane just pointed to some resources that may help you. Building a strategy for automated trading is a complex task involving different skills and knowledge. That’s fantastic that you started working on your project. I hope you will succeed to move forward and will find people to help. In order to test in Metatrader Strategy Tester it is necessary to have coding skills. If you have such skills everything else will be something achievable. If you don’t have problem you can share your coding logic or at least trading logic in more details that we can evaluate it and discuss. If you stick to specific time frame it will be better to test extensively on one and the same time expiration because a strategy working on 5 minutes can be bad for 30 minutes and versus. You can achieve better test results if you play with different filters: MACD, Stochastic, ATR and more. I will like to see this discussion continue in the future
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Thank you for your support Kolyo

Yes, i'm at the beggining of my trading career and i dont have coding skills but i have some ideas which i need to put on the paper and see. After that i will put here the problem to say so

I have read alot from when i began, i know about indicators, strategies, S/R etc but i know that this is only a small part from whats coming in the future because i want to live from this in the future.

Until now i began with 250 euro at Banc de Binary but, like a newbie, i listen to my manager or what was supposed to be and lost my money quite quickly. No problem

I found other guy on the internet, a romanian like me who helped me alot and i deposit 250euro at stockpair and now i have 620 Is not much but for the beggining seems a pretty good start.

I feel i have potential to do more than this, and i want to develop my own strategies in the future and i see and i think that the entry point makes at least 80% from a succesfull trade if you trade at 5 minutes like me.

I want to combine 2-3-4 indicators to give me a very good entry signal and to be sure that i'm in the right direction after i put my trade

Everybody talks here about MACD and Stochastic but i dont know why this two indicators are not my favorites to say so. I like more Heiken Ashi and moving averages to see a trend, maybe Bolinger Bands, P SAR i think can give me some signals, anyway im in the begining and maybe thats why i need to put more on the paper and after to come here to ask

Unfortunately indicators can only take you as far as... indicators can. Greater success is only achieved once you learn to understand price action and see the big picture. Having said that, you still have to start somewhere and 2-3 indicators is a good choice but don't overdo it. Indies can help you understand price action and should be used for confirmation so don't completely rely on them and you should be ok. Stockpair is good, you can remain with them and use the paltform here to practice on for now!

For the moment i will stick with Stockpair. It seems that the platform is very ok and i didnt see a strange change in price from MT4 like others who have complained here about other platforms. I hope I do not encounter difficulties when I withdraw , but I do not think at so small sums to intervene issues.
    For demo i use binaryoptionsdemo because it is just like platform to stockpair and I get along better with it. When and if i change the platform then I'll probably change demo platform too.
    Because I do not want the interface to be cluttered with too many indicators I think I will start using multiple time frames to determine trend ( can I use the trading assistant for greater accuracy ) and then i just use chart indicators to help me choose the optimal market entry. It's just one of the ideas
    I know it will be a long time but I think I will better master everything and I will become better , and with the help of this community too of course

building a strategY? hmmm personally, the way i look at it is your own strategy is a compilation of acquired experiences either by following other strategies or by try learning different strategy untill you reach a point where you end up doing your own strategy that works for you.

that's pretty much right, Sindi, you start with something be it a strat or a tool or just an idea and you work it from there until you are a master of it....