Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help When the chart are going too fast with too many PIPS !!!

Hi,

New to trading, apologize if this doesn't sound right. I started off last month.

This week was hell a lot of hiccups and the PIPS are going too fast on it's UP and DOWN, basically saying RSI that was down could go up instantly. I am day trader not scalper as a 1 minutes, 3 minutes & 5 minutes is too risky trade. Had a strategy that been working and winning in the past last few weeks, but the hiccups are going way too fast, that would benefit the scalper more than day trader.

I supposed the strategy here that would be the winning point here is wait for the right time? I usually do trade at 15 minutes and max 1 hour expiry, as they are more predictable.
    Last edited by DaveDoe; 02-05-2015 at 05:57 PM.

yeah, never try to catch a tiger by the tail. always wait for good signals, and good trading times, maybe you should look at other assets?

I am always on the EUR/USD & USD/JPY, what other asset would you recommend is a good pitch for a predictable strategy like mine?

Hello Davedoe

When the charts is going to fast it was caused by the news, events or strong economic indicators. You should wait 30 minutes to market calm down and try to find support and resistance.It depends what kind of trader you're. If you're short time trader you can use M1 charts and 5,10,15 or 30 minutes time frame expiry. You can choose assets what you have decided to trade. I trade EUR/USD and USD/JPY using by 3 days or a week time frame expiry. But this week it doesn't good market conditions for my time frame expiry.

I do greatly agree that this week charts was fully impacted by the news,event and strong economic indicators. I think by expanding my expiry to at least 2 hours is good source. Thanks for the suggestion.

M1 charts? I will look up on to that. Another point is that I would strongly suggest to wait at least 10 - 30 minutes before starting off the trade for that day to look on it's pattern.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDoe View Post
    I am always on the EUR/USD & USD/JPY, what other asset would you recommend is a good pitch for a predictable strategy like mine?
    I think just about any asset is useable on this strategy...I know that the usd;jpy has been flatlining for the last couple of weeks, on the daily charts, so is not a good choice right now for a trending strategy,

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    I think just about any asset is useable on this strategy...I know that the usd;jpy has been flatlining for the last couple of weeks, on the daily charts, so is not a good choice right now for a trending strategy,
    I will definitely give a look on to that. Surprisingly today charts was a bit slower, had won back what I lost on this week.

Cheers!

My daily trading tip USD/JPY CALL OPTION 4H expiry entry points 118.76.Here is link below
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....2151#post42151

Holly molly, I just came back and saw the charts going way down for EUR/USD.

This week provide me a significant of experiences how the charts can be.

I have found that being flexable with my trading is the way to go. The last couple of days I have done 10 plus trades (by 12 noon est)using the hourly charts for direction and the 5 min charts for entry. In staying with the trend (I took mostly puts) using the 5 min charts and taking puts using the 1st closed down candle after the bulylish candle(s). when the rsi and stochtasics were higher I took 15 min expiries, when they got closer to being oversold and or the candles got smaller I took 5 min expiries.
    I traded only eur/usd today and a combo of eur/usd and usd/jpy yesterday and the day before.
    I worried that the longer term trades might reverse themselves as yesterday there were news both in the morning 8:30 mid morning 10:30 and early afternoon 2:00pm.
    The pros here have taught me the dangers of short term trading but at the same time staying with the trend is the number one rule. So it just makes sense to me that if there is a strong trend I might as well make the most of it. I did take a number of trades using the 1 min charts with 5 min expiry using the same strategy but only using puts that came out of a overbought position.
    I also did not count the 1 min chart 5 min expiries as trades as I only went $25 on them because of there volatility but I did have a 92% success with 15 of them.
    One last thing is that while paying attention to the one min charts (in this strong down trend) It helped me get a "advanced" notice that there was a turn around before the expiry of the 5 min candle in the 5 min charts.
    This last 3 days have been my best ever!! Thanks for all the help~