Hello fellow traders !!!

I've trade forex for some years now, but I've also kept a close eye on the BO industry.

It seems that now finally there are a few BO brokers which are not outright scams and which let you withdraw profits. A big advantage of BO over spot forex is that they are less risky to trade because you know when placing a bet how much you can lose.

I like to trade based on statistics, I believe it is possible to get an edge using them, enough to make up for the house advantage.

I'm curious if there are others which like to back-test their ideas.

Welcome Alpha,

I also back test my systems, to have an idea how they perform. It's also a good way to find the expected variance in a system.

However, back testing cannot replace live testing, since you don't have the tension of money in stake and the possible late click etc.

Wishing you great trades!

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    Welcome Alpha,

I also back test my systems, to have an idea how they perform. It's also a good way to find the expected variance in a system.

However, back testing cannot replace live testing, since you don't have the tension of money in stake and the possible late click etc.

Wishing you great trades!
    Hmm, I can see why the tension might cause you to close the trade early or mess with the SL or TP on spot forex, but in binaries, after you open a bet, you're pretty much done, you can't change anything about it (assuming you don't sell it early for some 10% at some brokers).

You can take the late click into account when back-testing, for example by opening the trade at the worst price in the following 2 seconds after the system decided to trade.

I guess you shouldn't underestimate the risk of wanting to chase losses in real trading. Most traders know this as an experience and learn the lesson the hard way.

Early closure is available with many brokers and a killer to your BO trading.

Welcome to the CommuniTraders Alpha!

I wish you successful trading and nice time here. If you have experience with trading it will be easier for you to adapt to binary options world. Pay attention to everything and at the end it will be rewarding opportunity for you to learn here from other traders and to test on demo your strategies! Don’t forget to start working with CT 2.0, our brand new trading environment
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Hi Alpha,

Welcome to our trading community!

It’s great to have another experienced trader among us I hope you will help the community as well learning from the others!

Hello Alpha
    Welcome to bots trading community.