Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: news trading

news trading !!!

I am interesting in news trading. anyone can help me by providing valuable information.

Hi sean859,

News trading can be greatly rewarding, but it is highly risky tactic too. You can check tradethenews.com or other source of real time data. I am using OANDA news feed which came for free together with their demo practice account so you don’t have to pay for Bloomberg or Dow Jones to have the news in real time. Also check very useful tool I am using are http://www.myfxbook.com/forex-economic-calendar and http://www.myfxbook.com/forex-economic-calendar I am using mostly the first one (myfxbook) and there is comparison and data charts showing the numbers for many months historic. So basically these are my main sources. There’s no way to predict the news reaction, but there are ways to know how to deal with uncertainty
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

thanks kolyo for your valuable advice , thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by sean859 View Post
    thanks kolyo for your valuable advice , thanks again
    using news as a trading event is tough, as Kolyo says. The best thing to do is to study fundamentals, get a grip on the trends, apply that to the technical analysis and then try to make predictions, .... but it still may be better to wait until after the news to get in ...

Let the news disolve to enter the market is a good advise

I trade during the news if economic indicator is too much higher/lower than expected.

Milos has a point and this is a nice strategy. Still, if you’re a beginner, better start with something easier and if you really want to trade news, try to start off with lower risks and longer time frames.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Trading is a very awesome method to make money by the simplest methods and panels for trading helping us a lot.As discussed above there are many advantages of trading and we get advantages at lower/higher economy.

Hi Bigen
    I'll show how to trade during the news.
    U.S. Unemployment Claims Today at 8.30 EST Expected 293000.306000 or more PUT USD/JPY. 290000 or less,CALL USD/JPY.
    Use short time frame expiry. 5,10 or 15 minutes. Good luck.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jobless claims.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	2812

http://www.forexfactory.com/

Actually I think that this is not the best start for a beginner. It can be greatly discouraging to start losing in the beginning and the lack of experience is a serious issue when it comes to more complex trading.