Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Longterm Investments !!!

I was curious to know what people had in term of their investments outside of Binary Options. For instance, I manage my 403b via Fidelity. My main bulk distribution is in their HealthCare Fund and their BioTech Fund. Both of these have averaged over 10-20% growth over the past 1, 5, and 10year markers. And with the state of Healthcare in America, I'm confident of these two being my gainers and offset any noise seen in the Blue Chip fund.

I think it'd be an interesting discussion to know what other people do for long term income ideas. While may not all be Securities licensed or whatnot, I think we could bring some great insight since we're not the average joe's in terms of finance.

I like this thread, good idea .
    I had a flat for lease until last summer, it was
    cheap to buy and the extra income was great.
    Kept it for about 5-6 years but had to sell it
    because I am about to buy a new one for myself this time
    which can also be considered an investment if payed off quickly and
    if the increment in value is good.

I am always open to invest in real estate but you have to know
    the area and the need for renting. I hate having my money sitting
    in a bank account, it's like just handing them over to someone else
    for free due to the non-existing interest rates today.

There are also some investment firms here that do payout as high as 8-11%
    but the maximum investment amount is capped unfortunately. I might try some of these
    in the future
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

3. Thanks khyangg thanked this post
    Yeah, I've been building a position in ford for a while, and now I'm building one in Goldcorp, I like them cuz they have staying power, I bought them cheap and they pay decent dividends...plus GG should give some decent capital appreciation.

Nice thread. What stocks would you like to trade? Solar, energy, tech,bio...? I'd like to hold the stocks more than 1 year.

I don't have a huge portfolio for stocks. I was fortunate in getting into Apple back when they were around 250$, but at the time (I was like 20/21) I was in such unknown territory that I only bought 3k. That has definitely been a winner for me, but I definitely didn't take advantage of the split when it occured and haven't done much since, I'm eying at 105$ but may need to jump back on it soon. I just wish I had done more back then when it was at 250 (or 30$ if calculated after the split).

AMD was a promising one I had too for some time. I bought it when it was rallying from $3.50 and moving up to $10. I dumpped a good $500 dollars when it reached $5-6. Then I deployed.....then....AMD you foe that looked so much like an friend.

Otherwise in Mutuals I focus on the HealthCare, Bio, and Computers mostly. They've been pretty stable and seem like a great long term investment when you realize I wont hit a age of retirement for 35 more years. So I think their last 20-30yr growth matches great with my fund growth goals.

I like the idea of real estate, seeings my mother has been in Real Estate for many years, but the bubble has definitely created some fears for me to not want to pursue until I really understand some of the dynamics already mentioned for renting potential.

One area I do want to explore a bit more is P2P Lending. Unfortunately I can't be an Investor in the state of PA or my neighbor Delaware/Jersey. Anyone have any feedback on the subject?

i have 95% of my investments tied up in the Sydney housing market. I have been investing in property here since yr 2000. When i was much younger and bought and sold my first property and i couldn't believe i could bank 100k in 4years. Just working my job there was no way i could save this much this fast. So since then until about 2011 i had loaded my resources into the property market, since 2011 i have been renting them out.

I used to have several k of blue chips stocks but sold them last year because i believe a market crash is around the corner.

As you can see below the Aussie property market has been very friendly to me.

8. Thanks Martin Kay thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uaktags View Post
    I don't have a huge portfolio for stocks. I was fortunate in getting into Apple back when they were around 250$, but at the time (I was like 20/21) I was in such unknown territory that I only bought 3k. That has definitely been a winner for me, but I definitely didn't take advantage of the split when it occured and haven't done much since, I'm eying at 105$ but may need to jump back on it soon. I just wish I had done more back then when it was at 250 (or 30$ if calculated after the split).

AMD was a promising one I had too for some time. I bought it when it was rallying from $3.50 and moving up to $10. I dumpped a good $500 dollars when it reached $5-6. Then I deployed.....then....AMD you foe that looked so much like an friend.

Otherwise in Mutuals I focus on the HealthCare, Bio, and Computers mostly. They've been pretty stable and seem like a great long term investment when you realize I wont hit a age of retirement for 35 more years. So I think their last 20-30yr growth matches great with my fund growth goals.

I like the idea of real estate, seeings my mother has been in Real Estate for many years, but the bubble has definitely created some fears for me to not want to pursue until I really understand some of the dynamics already mentioned for renting potential.

One area I do want to explore a bit more is P2P Lending. Unfortunately I can't be an Investor in the state of PA or my neighbor Delaware/Jersey. Anyone have any feedback on the subject?
    if you're going to invest in mutuals you should switch to ETS's, then you can self manage the same types of funds with an asset that is more liquid and more tradable, without paying all the fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    if you're going to invest in mutuals you should switch to ETF's, then you can self manage the same types of funds with an asset that is more liquid and more tradable, without paying all the fees.
    You know, other than from study material on the S-6 and S-65, I have not even looked into ETF funds at all. Starting to just look at what's offered through USAA. Interesting point. Thanks!

Currently eyeing XBI, XHS, and BBH for HealthCare and BioTech funds. Only thing with this sector, as I understand them, are that these fields are pretty new, least their funds appear to be. They do offer the potential for high growth, but risk holds its hand. I like to believe that Healthcare will skyrocket and BioTech simply cant fail as we grow to a more technological future from where we stand.
    Last edited by uaktags; 01-24-2015 at 01:12 AM.

use the same criteria for an ETF you would for a stock, look at volume, short interest, option volumes, bid/ask spreads...there are usually more than one for each type of sector, I stick to the major ets like the spyders.....xlf, xhb, xly, xrt, xle, xle, spy, etc...

I have nothing to invest, so I focus on short time