Can anyone work this out?......Maths Question! !!!

Can anyone work this out?

If you start with 500 and increase it by 5% a day for 260 days (days in the year not including weekends) how much would you have at the end of those 260 days? I am struggling to work it out....im not very good at Maths I must say.

Just trying to get some perspective on things to help stop myself from wanting to trade so often and chasing losses etc.

Roughly 169580949.1, assuming you dont make any withdrawals in the mean time.

However, I didnt drink my coffee yet
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan G View Post
    Roughly 169580949.1, assuming you dont make any withdrawals in the mean time.

However, I didnt drink my coffee yet
    Haha thanks, I think you pretty much have it, I just managed to do it aswell, my friend told me to use a compound interest calculator, so I was cheating but the result was 161,504,458.92. So either way that puts things into perspective. I need to stop rushing and trying to earn so much every day, there's no rush!
    Last edited by Who Knows; 01-20-2015 at 07:03 AM.

Yes, the result differs depending on whether you include the first day into calculation or not (the one where u have 500). The sum you gave is the one i get in my penultimate day of fictive "trading" (used excel).
    Yea, absolutely no rush man
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

Don't feel rich yet, compounding interest (is that the name?) looks nice, but no broker will allow you to trade that big amount.

Also 5% a day is too much. Although possible (you never know ), it could bring pressure to perform and that's not good in trading.

Just take your time and even then it's hard enough to make steady profit. Better to look where you stand later on.

Good trades!

so basically you're telling me I could make 16M within a year? Sign me in

Haha me too. Einstein quote is that compounding return is the eight miracle in the world

That doesn’t mean everybody can compound that quickly. I doubt that anybody can

That;s the right question for me. I'll try to provide the answer using by probability calculus,combination,variation and permutation. It is also included exponential function because it is exponential growth
    For example
    Day 1 500x0.05%= 25+500=525
    Day 2 525x0.05=26.25+525=551.25
    Day 3......................
    Day 4.........
    Day 260=?

It does seem like a feasible way of making large amounts of money when you look at it like this but even if it was possible is any broker going to pay out anywhere near these sums of money, I very much doubt it.