Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there a good time? !!!

Hi everyone,
    In your experience is there a time of the day when you should not trade and times when it is better to place your trades if so can you please explain.
    Many thanks.

Hi Norrvik

It depends on your trading assets and your strategy, so it's not easily said.

If you're trading on the main pairs, like EUR pairs, probably trading during European day time is best, but there are also many moments you better avoid trading, like during important speeches, FOMC meeting minutes etc.

Beginning traders better avoid these kind of happenings (about -30m till + 120 minutes) since they can create heavy action in the markets. It's possible to trade them, but that needs much more experience and knowledge.

I only trade EUR/USD and only between 9:25 - 16:00 CET, avoiding any important news items on EUR, USD, CAD and many GBP. Also big announcements (speeches) on JPY, but they don't occur much in these hours.

Hello Norrvik
    I trade when London and New York overlap. Its 8.30am-12pm by EST time zone.It is the largest trading volume. I trade EUR/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/USD, AUD/USD, USD/CAD, USD/CHF.Sometimes I trade gold. I avoid to trade oil-my the worst trading assets.I like to trade S&P500,Apple.Avoid to trade during the news,FOMC,Interest Rate Decision, Press Conference, Monetary Policy Statement, speeches(Draghi, Yelln, Obama, Kuroda).

Thank you SeasaltMcfish
    Good advise,I understand why I should avoid trading during major speeches as the content of the speech will have either a positive or negative effect on what ever you are trading,I to only trade on the major pairs.
    Many thanks.

Hello Milos,
    Thank you for your advise,I agree that it is not a good idea to trade during a major speech,best to wait for the market to respond.
    Many thanks.

Try to adapt your strategy after the
    assets you trade, not the other way around.
    Look at their volatility and you'll soon
    learn which asset performs best during which times.
    Also, some brokers change their payouts during less
    volatile markets. Lesser volatile markets means significantly
    lower payouts so not really worth risking too much money.
    For me those periods are in the middle of the night, for you
    it might be in the middle of the day, don't know where you are located
    at the moment.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Hello Okane
    Thanks for the advise.

Rookie Member
    It's all natural. No one know what will happens in the next minute.

Hi Norrvik,

Yes you have to pay attention to the trading hours, especially when you are trading forex. Stocks of cos have their opening and closing times, but forex is 24 hours. One good website is http://www.forexmarkethours.com/

Pay close attention to the hours where the major markets overlap, when the London market nears closing and New York market is opening. This is the time when volatility is highest. Other than that, of cos it is the news release timing.

You would want to avoid extreme volatility, but at the same time, to profit at Binary Options, you need volatility to move the price! For example if you are going to trade USD/CAD, it will be damn weird for you to trade it during Asian markets, because there will be no news release, or heavy trading of these two currencies during this period.

But most importantly, you have to find a time that suits your style, no point waking up in the middle of the night staring at your screen. Find a comfortable time when you can trade, then decide on the active pair during that time!

Good luck

Here's a nice article about the best day to trade binary options - http://www.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com...ns-hint-today/