Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trades per day...How many?/ choose right strategy !!!

Hi!

I assume I'm getting in with one of the most common beginners mistake, take every possible trade...

For example I hit 5 winning strike from my strategy and I want win more and... break even

or hit 4 losses in row and want to recover my loses or even worse lose more.

So how do you Profesionals set your limits? I would like to hear your advices

Another thing, when I backtest any strategy and I start see some loses and then I'm starting doubting myself

is this stategy is for me? Is it will work? etc. How do you determine which strategy is working for you and so on?

Thanks!

Happy holidays

Welcome to trading, we have all been there and you will find you will discover over time which setup suits you best.(for me it was longer trades)

As for trading frequency, below is how i trade.
    I make 3-4 monthly trades a month with each trade being 10% of my capital.
    I also make 4-5 1hr trades a week with each trade being 5% of my capital.
    I am not a pro, it is a hobby and i enjoy the challenge and the extra $$ I make. My aim is to turn $1000 into $20,000 in 2yrs, with most of that taking place in the second yr.

If you are trading more frequently it is advised to trade <2% of capital each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Normio View Post
    Hi!

I assume I'm getting in with one of the most common beginners mistake, take every possible trade...

For example I hit 5 winning strike from my strategy and I want win more and... break even

Another thing, when I backtest any strategy and I start see some loses and then I'm starting doubting myself

is this stategy is for me? Is it will work? etc. How do you determine which strategy is working for you and so on?

Thanks!

Happy holidays
    EUR/USD PUT options 4h expiry points 1.2186 expiry 1.2175 recorded in the money
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....9775#post39775
    USD/CAD CALL option 4h expiry entry points 1.1662 expiry 1.1615 recorded out of the money http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....AD-CALL-OPTION
    USD/JPY CALL option 4h expiry entry points 120.4650 expiry 120.6320 recorded in the money
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....g-Arena/page31
    AUD/USD PUT option 4h expiry entry points 0.8106 expiry 0.8095 recorded in of the money
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....nside-prevails
    S&P500 CALL option 8h expiry entry points 2078.54 expiry 2082.17 recorded in of the money
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....g-Arena/page49

Crude oil ETF CALL option 4h expiry entry points 20.92 expiry 21.41 recorded in of the money
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....il-Patch/page8

6 TRADES. 5 RECORDED IN THE MONEY 1 RECORDED OUT OF THE MONEY
    SUCCESS RATE 5/6X100%= 0.83%
    Happy holidays

Well done milos.

I do in average 2 trades per day.
    If you backtest your strategy and you find "losses"
    you should look why it would lose and what you could do
    to avoid those losses. That's how I backtest strategies.

Most often there is a pattern your can find and avoid or a pattern that
    you can stick with. If you can't find any, then maybe that strategy itself
    is not good enough.
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Okane View Post
    Well done milos.

I do in average 2 trades per day.
    If you backtest your strategy and you find "losses"
    you should look why it would lose and what you could do
    to avoid those losses. That's how I backtest strategies.

Most often there is a pattern your can find and avoid or a pattern that
    you can stick with. If you can't find any, then maybe that strategy itself
    is not good enough.
    Thanks Okane.
    I did it backtest my trading strategy.I explained why I was lost one trade yesterday. Here is link below
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....AD-CALL-OPTION

Hi!

Thanks!

Happy holidays
    It's a common beginners mistake indeed and trust me, most of us made these mistakes.

How you set your limits depends on your bankroll, your trade system and your patience.

For beginners it's best to trade about 2% of their account in a trade. It's more important to learn to trade than to make profit in the beginning. Since you trade for small amounts in that stage, mistakes are less expensive.

Once you learned and got some experience, you could use a more aggressive money management, but still it's good to not exceed 5%, although 10% is possible when sure about your strategy and sure about the risk involved.

About chasing losses: as long as you start chasing losses, step away after 2 or 3 losses and come back next day, giving it time to lose some adrenaline. Stop looking at your trading sessions as separate sessions and realize that it's all one big session. That's also why it's good to use a fixed trade % of your account. As soon as emotions start to overrule you, you should close your trade center and walk away, until you have the discipline to keep calm under pressure.

Happy trading!

Hi Normio,

Everything depends on the situation and strategy you are trying to implement. If it is intraday than 5-10 trades per day can be normal. If it is swing trading than something like 3-5 per week is the norm. For me testing a strategy is a long process. I can not say it is not working just after a couple of losing trades in a row. When I have much more losers than winners in about 20 trades I am stopping trading and start to think on changing my strategy. Something like that. This is when you trade purely mechanically, when you are trading discretionary everything depends on your perception of the market and it inevitable to have better and worse periods. I prefer to decrease my trade size when I am not sure or comfortable and to increase the bet size when everything align perfectely/
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

ok,
    thanks guys I will keep that in mind

ok,
    thanks guys I will keep that in mind
    You welcome Normio.

I too was wondering about the average number of trades members were making. Perhaps other members will let us know. Thanks for asking this already.