Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok icon how do i avoid big movements in priceaction *pic attached* !!!

well, i'm a beginner in binary options, and i only trade on a demo since i don't make any consistent profit yet.
    my strategy is based on reversals and it seems like it's my best strategy so far. but when there is big movements in price action then it's difficult to apply any strategies, especially when it comes out of no where. the picture below is a example of what i'm trying to avoid if it's possible. i'm not sure if it's a result of an event or some news, or if it's happening because of reasons i don't know :-) just overall, can i avoid or predict these movements? and if possible, how? :-)
    i'm not sure if this is a stupid question.
    Btw it's the last movements in price action on the chart i'm referring to-
    merry christmas and happy new year, remember to leave the charts and spend some time with your families :-)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 16.24.23.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	2610

well, that move looks news or event driven. reversals are tough, because they do and can come out of nowhere at any time,

what asset time frame and candlestick length are you using? Ad what was the date/time of that reversal?

well, i also trade when it's trending, but i use the reversals to predict a trend and catch it from the start. i'm using the 5min time frame but candlestick lenght? how do i see that :-)?
    The date and time for event was 2014-12-19 at 16.24

but if it's caused by news/events. is there then an indicator that tells when the market is unsafe or when the market/currency is affected by it? like a calender?

Quote Originally Posted by corrie View Post
    well, i also trade when it's trending, but i use the reversals to predict a trend and catch it from the start. i'm using the 5min time frame but candlestick lenght? how do i see that :-)?
    The date and time for event was 2014-12-19 at 16.24
    Yah,that is realy tricky, most people wait for the reversal, then trade once the trend is confirmed because it is that hard to predict reversals,

I prefer to trade reversals on ranging charts rather than trending ones..... It takes patience though. See below 5minute candle chart. I placed a 1hour trade the minute the price was reached....

For news on forex i use this link and trade accordingly. http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php

lets call it the jango's 3bounce reversal trade .. lol

Jango, do you have your strategie everywhere better explained? It seems like a "chanel" surf what you do. But i dont understand something: Why do you use M5 instead of M15, or do you just plane the entry with the M5? For my 1 hour expiration i try the same strategie, well almost the same. Reversal at the key points.
    @Corrie: My you share your Template? It looks very promising.

And Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by jango_down View Post
    I prefer to trade reversals on ranging charts rather than trending ones..... It takes patience though. See below 5minute candle chart. I placed a 1hour trade the minute the price was reached....

For news on forex i use this link and trade accordingly. http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php

lets call it the jango's 3bounce reversal trade .. lol
    ranging charts are a good place to use this type of strategy, as well as trying to catch reversals following correction, you the ones that are in line with prevailing trends, you could filter out at least 1/2 of the signals that way.

Avoid to trade the news and ranging markets.

Merry Christmas Corrie!

The market price moves are very complex in nature and you won’t be able to read them without many hours of screen time experience. Yes sometimes the news are the factor that affect the price pattern but sometimes just a big player came in and change the entire perception of the other market participants. The indicators you are using give only a percentage chance for success. This percentage can be as high as 85% but you can not predict the outcome of a particular trade and there always will exist such strange moves. Hope this will help you to understand what’s behind the scene
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder