Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any opinions on IG? !!!

This broker has been recommended to me by a person I met through an internet trading discussion. I dont know the person, and obviously dont trust any info that comes in through an unknown source, but our discussions have been interesting and he seem (?!) sincere.

He swears by this broker. I looked in the net and find very little info. IG.com is the web address I found, he sent me exactly this address: w w w .ig.com/en-ch/. He claims it is a swiss broker and very regulated and safe.

Any opinions, thoughts or experience with these guys?

Thanks
    Last edited by Vast Horizons; 10-28-2014 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Changed the web address from a direct link, in case that is not cool to do.

Your friend is right. IG is one of the biggest brokers out there. It is a retail broker that mean offering trading solutions for small clients and not for hedge funds and investment banks. I know that they offer binary options too, but you have to know they are not dedicated entirely into binary options and their business is much larger. For me at the moment it is better for a man who want to trade exclusively BO to focus on trusted broker specialized on binaries only.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

IG really is a good broker. But Kolyo is right Ė try to find someone who is only into BOs. Why donít you try with 24Options? In my opinion, heís good.

OK, I kinda get why you say a BO only broker, but 2 answers so far, and 2 people saying "Yes, a really good broker". The info I got is they are highly regulated, and therefore quite safe from any kind of tampering, wont trade block or skew chart results etc.

SO, if they are all that safe, why not them? Are there reasons why a non BO exclusive broker wont be as good for a BO trader? Since I am new, there may be obvious reasons, but I don't know them.

Thanks.

I'm not sure, but it could be that their BO trading is a little different than 'normal' BO trading.

Maybe you should take a good look first, to avoid disappointments.

IG itself is a well known broker.

Quote Originally Posted by SeasaltMcFish View Post
    I'm not sure, but it could be that their BO trading is a little different than 'normal' BO trading.

Maybe you should take a good look first, to avoid disappointments.

IG itself is a well known broker.
    Thanks. I am also guessing that the trading differs from what a seasoned BO trader is used to. But since I am anything but seasoned, I don't know how to spot the differences yet. I did look through their site, and didn't see any info that stood out as why I would not want to BO trade there, but, as I said, I probably wouldn't anyway. They have a demo option, and they have an MT4 platform as well as other platforms available.

I am sure there must be an advantage to other brokers like 24options, but it is not obvious to me.

BTW, Seasalt, I am following your SeasaltMcfish goes Binary thread. Great of you to do all that work. I guess I will just say thanks here.

Thanks

Maybe I'll take a look at IG this week.

I have downloaded the IG mobile app and looked at the various binary options offers. The index trades have different characteristics to the forex ones. There is a greater variety of trades offered in the indices, various points targets, touch trades in addition to a high or low trade. The fx trades are only offered on a few currency pairs, though more may be available on the main platform, but only ladder and touch trades are available.
    The trades are priced between 0 and 100 and are updated continuously. The big advantage of this broker for me is that it is possible to find trades at 5, 10 or 20 points so the possible loss is small and if you see a move to 40 or 50 points you have doubled your money or more. You don't need your trade to be in the money to make a profit.
    I have not opened an account with IG because they only offer binary options to UK residents only. When I enquired I was told that I could only open a cfd account because I live in France but that doesn't give access to their binary options offers.
    Last edited by hecky3; 11-01-2014 at 09:00 PM.

If you donít have possibility to trade with them why donít you try some of the other brokers people are using here? There are some choices that are very good for BO trading.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Quote Originally Posted by hecky3 View Post
    I have downloaded the IG mobile app and looked at the various binary options offers. The index trades have different characteristics to the forex ones. There is a greater variety of trades offered in the indices, various points targets, touch trades in addition to a high or low trade. The fx trades are only offered on a few currency pairs, though more may be available on the main platform, but only ladder and touch trades are available.
    The trades are priced between 0 and 100 and are updated continuously. The big advantage of this broker for me is that it is possible to find trades at 5, 10 or 20 points so the possible loss is small and if you see a move to 40 or 50 points you have doubled your money or more. You don't need your trade to be in the money to make a profit.
    I have not opened an account with IG because they only offer binary options to UK residents only. When I enquired I was told that I could only open a cfd account because I live in France but that doesn't give access to their binary options offers.
    The guy I heard about them from says he lives in Switzerland. I will have to ask him how he does it from there.