Rookie Member

External/3rd party data feed for MT4 !!!

Hi

I tried search but I didn't find any good threads about this topic.
    Im trying to find the way to import external/3rd party forex data feed to MT4. I would like to import barchart.com data feed to MT4.. Is this any way possible ? http://www.barchartmarketdata.com/usage there is list of supported platform for barchart.com. Maybe there is way to feed data to one of those platforms and export data from there to MT4 ? Any thoughts ?

I have red there is working EA's for MT4 which uses offline charts, imported data and script to refresh chart on every 250ms. Does anyone know, which format this data needs to be to be able to do this ? Is csv files supported ?

Im sure there is others aswell who would like to get fast, non-laggy, accurate forex data feed for MT4. I have used tradingview (which uses barchart.com data feed) and their data looks really close to be same data as 24options.com uses.

Anyone ?

Cheers

I donít think you need to import historical data unless you are aiming to make some rigorous and robust backtesting. The csv format is supported but you have to check your mt4 folder and see actually how your data look like. Every big forex broker has many years of data stored and you can access it very easily just check some mt4 manuals, so you donít need external data feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by suikka View Post
    Hi

I tried search but I didn't find any good threads about this topic.
    Im trying to find the way to import external/3rd party forex data feed to MT4. I would like to import barchart.com data feed to MT4.. Is this any way possible ? http://www.barchartmarketdata.com/usage there is list of supported platform for barchart.com. Maybe there is way to feed data to one of those platforms and export data from there to MT4 ? Any thoughts ?

I have red there is working EA's for MT4 which uses offline charts, imported data and script to refresh chart on every 250ms. Does anyone know, which format this data needs to be to be able to do this ? Is csv files supported ?

Im sure there is others aswell who would like to get fast, non-laggy, accurate forex data feed for MT4. I have used tradingview (which uses barchart.com data feed) and their data looks really close to be same data as 24options.com uses.

Anyone ?

Cheers
    I don't think is possiblesuika. Data feed have to go through the MT4 server on the broker's end and cannot be done on the MT4 trading platform.