Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Newbie !!!

Hi guys,

My name is Stan, i'm 28 and i'm from the Netherlands.
    I'm new in the trading world, but i did my research and followed the trading school here.
    Thank you guys for this site, the information and the possibility to practise the strategies before and trade for real.
    But i have a few questions, so if anyone would respond from the administrators i would be greatfull.
    Thanks a lot and keep up the good work with this site, teaching us newbies.

Kind Regards,
    Stan

Hi Stan! Welcome to CommuniTraders!

Wish you good luck in your trading education. You know now that this is a big challenge for everyone who aim to become a trader and profit from the markets, but it is something achievable for those who persist and train hard. If you have any questions post here and you will find answers definitely.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Hi Kolyo,

Thanks for a fast responce.
    My queastion for now is(and i'm afraid it won't be my last if you don't mind );
    I've downloaded MT4, and then you have to look for a broker. After reading i decided to go for OANDA (i think this is a good one) but what is better; the highest ms or lowest ms? (btw what does ms stand for?)
    Thanks a lot for now and for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Hi Kolyo,

Thanks for a fast responce.
    My queastion for now is(and i'm afraid it won't be my last if you don't mind );
    I've downloaded MT4, and then you have to look for a broker. After reading i decided to go for OANDA (i think this is a good one) but what is better; the highest ms or lowest ms? (btw what does ms stand for?)
    Thanks a lot for now and for the future
    Hi Stan, welcome aboard! Where in the Netherlands are you from? Although I really only Amsterdam(: great place, nice country, lovely people. Good having you around.

regarding your question- oanda is a forex broker. I wonder.. How did you come to a conclusion you should look for this broker? Maybe something is not explained well on school and I would like to fix that impression..
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

Hi Stan and welcome.
    Just like Martin said; you don't need a forex broker or any broker at all
    to install MT4 and watch the charts. Just sign up after installation and
    the charts you see are all real time charts. No need to sign up with any broker!
    If you want to trade binary options you need to choose a binary options broker!
    Live Webinar: Hidden Content
    Join My Skype Group: Hidden Content

I'm from Maastricht, is the south of the Netherlands, close to the Belgium border. Nice town, beautiful sights, on off the oldest in the Netherlands, luckely not as busy then in Amsterdam :P.
    The reason to choose this broker, but really i haven't yet but that was my question (now i'm with FinFX or FXPROMAX, maybe better?) the reason was just because that's what i saw on a chart in a strategy. The one i have i read in a forum here.
    Because if you instal MT4 and you finish al the steps, then MT4 asks to open an account for a broker for live feeds (the standard was AlpariUK, but for some reason i could not open an account if i select it). I've tried to enter one of the recommended broker's, but i can't get a hit, so i was forced to look for something else.
    Maybe i made a mistake or overlooked something, so if anyone can help with that i'm greatfull.

That's strange, I didn't have to open a live account with a broker
    to get feeds. Just register a "demo" with MT4. Did you download MT4
    from their original official website?

Download MT4 from here.
    Don't need to register with any broker:

http://www.metatrader4.com/

I don't know what i'm doing wrong, but when i download it (i did it again, but like the first time i downloaded it from that site you gave me) when i execute all the steps, i get this screen:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	afbeelding nodig.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	2391
    Last edited by Stan; 10-08-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Well, I'm sorry but that is not in English so I don't know what it says.
    But the first option where it says "Demo" can't you just choose that and proceed with the installation?