Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    Hey guys I didn't see anybody here to comment latest FOMC rate hike and especially the projections for 2017! Meantime I made some great short term trades on NDX futures (NASDAQ100) based simply on volatility and on USD/JPY pair one directional clear trade (screenshot here).

So what happened in brief - FED increased the fund rates from 0.50% to 0.75% (25 basis points) and give the projections for 3 more rises in 2017 up to 1.5%. This was the upper zone of the current expectations and that's why the reaction was so significant and straight forward. EUR/USD dropped by at least 130 pips.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Hi Kolyo. Thank you for those kind words and also for all that
    You, and all our other leaders do to give us newbies some direction.
    I'm sure I speak for many others when I say, your time and efforts
    Are very much appreciated.

3. Thanks victrader thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    Hi Kolyo. Thank you for those kind words and also for all that
    You, and all our other leaders do to give us newbies some direction.
    I'm sure I speak for many others when I say, your time and efforts
    Are very much appreciated.
    Thank you very much for these kind words Mike Unfortunately there wasn't much free time recently to share my trading ideas and commentaries in my trading diary but this will change. I will not only share my trades but my progress and regular market sentiment commentaries and fundamental analysis. I am a big believer that fundamentals are great edge for those who knows how to interpret and put them in the context of the bigger picture ofcourse in complement with some technical analysis but not too much
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

The first big risk event upcoming is the French president elections next weekend. If the subject is new for you I am recommending you to read this article https://www.forexcrunch.com/trading-...s-4-scenarios/
    The main battle will be between Macron and Le Pen, the candidate of the extreme right National Front. The market participants will position themselves very negative for hypothetical victory of Le Pen, who has extreme anti-EU rhetoric. The chances are low but they are not as low as we can imagine. Many brokers will decrease their maximal leverage to 50:1 or 25:1 in Friday, so keep this into account. Trading binary options will be safer as always but the post election moves of EUR pairs will be totally unpredictable before clear results are announced early on Monday. My advice here is no big positions into the weekend and only for the most experienced and inpatient traders to jump right into Monday morning after the results appear. I don't have any predictions and won't trade EUR pairs before Monday morning

Prepare for the week with the News Events Check here (great resource from one of my best mentors in news trading) Forex News Trading Strategy for the 16th - 21st of April

Thank you very much Kolyo 📈

Hey guys, end of the week and French election, first tour is over. Looks like Makron is leading with 23.5% against Le Pan with 21.5%. The second tour is on 7th of May so the game is not over but I guess the markets will take this information as positive and the Euro will be supported or maybe they will look at the distance between the two candidates as too close and this will lead to Euro selling. Not as sure but the gap at midnight today will give the direction and some good trading opportunities can arise tomorrow!

Wishing you good and profitable week to everybody here

Thank you Kolyo...

Asia session open with all pairs gapping. Euro and USD/JPY gaps upward and the USDCHF and gold gap downwards

11. Thanks Martin Kay thanked this post
    The results were interpreted as positive for Euro, but the bullish mood was not long lived as the second tour of the French President elections is upcoming on 7th of May. I am just reading interesting opinion on valuwalk website http://www.valuewalk.com/2017/04/glo...wth-inflation/ It seems more and more evidences are confirming the pro-inflation scenario for this and next year.