Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Kolyo Daily Market Updates and Trading Journal !!!

Hi guys

Finally I am ready to start my new trading journal with my own market analysis and trading commentaries!

I will combine this journal with real time trades on CT 2.0 with daily expirations. So my trading will be closer to short term swing trading but not exactly like very short term day trading with multiple entries during the day. I will place between 1 and 3 trades per day mostly before US market open, because this is the time where the European session is already showing where the market is headed and the liquidity is at its daily maximum. In that period the technical stuff will work best. I learned to trade the markets based on my detailed analyses on one hand and my gut feeling on the other.

So I am mostly a discretionary trader and not a strategy player. I don’t backtest my systems. I test them only forward in real time conditions. That's why only the performance I will achieve will be a benchmark for my success.

I am not that experienced like Bogdan or Michael but will try to show you how everyone, even absolutely newbies with a little bit more interest in the markets and some patience can achieve their trading goals! Hope that this thread will be very helpful for everyone, newbie and experienced traders. The trades here are not signals so I do not recommend anybody to follow, but analyzing why and how I trade can be of great benefit for everyone. After all, like all the stuff in our community, this is a totally free data for all traders interested in BO here!

2. Thanks N/A thanked this post
    After the much better than expected NFP data the situation in the markets is complicated. Short term decline in stock market is at least temporary over and all the commodities jumped from the Friday dip, especially Gold and Silver which are up close to 2% on Monday trading. US dollar index is down, with the strongest performers against USD – euro and British Pound. I think tomorrow we will see continuation of this move as we touched much oversold territories on many different markets. I will enter some Calls on EUR/USD, GBP/USD tomorrow if the market reaction looks intact. I will be very happy for every feedback I receive here. That experiment will be valuable for every one, and especially for me So I hope to see more comments and ideas from everyone interested!

4. Thanks N/A thanked this post
    Interesting data from OANDA Market Pulse Blog:

Recent Commodity Futures Trading Commission data indicates the market has made an aggressive +$35.1 billion net long USD (+238k contracts) approaching the 2012 record (+311k) – July showed net bets against the USD. However, the theme as we get closer to the end of American quantitative easing (QE) is volatility. Everyone will be closely watching the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) minutes this week for signs of the Federal Reserve’s timetable for unraveling QE. Nonetheless, the USD is entering overbought territory – a strong dollar makes it more difficult for exporters. But, much U.S. growth is domestic and consumer-driven – it’s the possibility of imported deflation that’s a greater concern with a strong dollar.

With important question Is It Time for a Short Squeeze?

For the 18-member single unit there is an outside possibility that it will push on toward €1.2670-90 again this week, an area were where EUR offers are supposedly lined up. Again option strike prices will be a market pull this week. Some large higher strike prices expire, including +2.5 billion of €1.26′s — this will be a market draw at some stage. The economic data continued to be weak for Europe and would suggest further downside risks for the common currency. The €1.2400 level remains a key psychological point for the EUR/USD pair. This is the level where back in July 2012 European Central Bank chief Mario Draghi pledged he would do everything to defend the unit.

What’s your opinion on that? For now I am ready to play long on the EUR/USD pair..

6. Thanks N/A thanked this post
    Dam straight Kolyo! Glad to have you posting trades.

8. Thanks N/A thanked this post
    Nice thread Kolyo (: I've a good feeling about the US dollar, I believe in the longer term the USD will only go stronger.

Keep us updated mate, glad you've started your own journal finally!
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

10. Thanks N/A thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    Interesting data from OANDA Market Pulse Blog:

Recent Commodity Futures Trading Commission data indicates the market has made an aggressive +$35.1 billion net long USD (+238k contracts) approaching the 2012 record (+311k) – July showed net bets against the USD. However, the theme as we get closer to the end of American quantitative easing (QE) is volatility. Everyone will be closely watching the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) minutes this week for signs of the Federal Reserve’s timetable for unraveling QE. Nonetheless, the USD is entering overbought territory – a strong dollar makes it more difficult for exporters. But, much U.S. growth is domestic and consumer-driven – it’s the possibility of imported deflation that’s a greater concern with a strong dollar.

With important question Is It Time for a Short Squeeze?

For the 18-member single unit there is an outside possibility that it will push on toward €1.2670-90 again this week, an area were where EUR offers are supposedly lined up. Again option strike prices will be a market pull this week. Some large higher strike prices expire, including +2.5 billion of €1.26′s — this will be a market draw at some stage. The economic data continued to be weak for Europe and would suggest further downside risks for the common currency. The €1.2400 level remains a key psychological point for the EUR/USD pair. This is the level where back in July 2012 European Central Bank chief Mario Draghi pledged he would do everything to defend the unit.

What’s your opinion on that? For now I am ready to play long on the EUR/USD pair..
    EURUSD is bullish today but weekly bearish! By the away nice analysis Kolyo!

Thank you guys for the support and encouragement on this project!

It is really important for me and also for the community as a whole!

The more opinions and analysis we have the better our trading will be. We are a great family and actually everyone is helping everyone thus improving our understanding of the markets as a whole.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

Here are my first two trades for my trading journal: 8 hours call on NASDAQ100 and 24 hours call on EUR/USD. Till now both of them are ITM. There is time till expiry but I am quite optimistic that these two trades will be winners. Will see tomorrow

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com/threads/13253-NASDAQ-100-8-Hours-Short-Trade

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com/threads/7436-The-EUR/USD-Live-Trading-Arena
    Last edited by Kolyo; 10-09-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

FOMC minutes one hour ago led to significant upside momentum in all currencies against US dollar; also most of the stock markets were significantly higher. I will use this opportunity for Put entries in major US stock indexes. Here are my two trades for today:

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com/threads/13272-PUT-on-SP500-after-FOMC-minutes-release-enthusiasm PUT on SP500 24 hours

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck.com/threads/13273-USD/CAD-8-hours-CALL CALL on USD/CAD 8 hours

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....-USD-LOW-Trade PUT AUD/USD 24 hours
    Last edited by Kolyo; 10-09-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Just saw your diary! Glad you decided to keep a journal. It will help you for sure!