Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Market Crash

sad3 Market Crash !!!

Hey guys
    i was wondering should the financial collapse
    what will happen? im just afraid when i wake up next morning and my (fiat money) gone
    will that happen?
    just curios

Make sure you placed some PUT orders and cash out immediately.

I don't really know otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by uaktags View Post
    Make sure you placed some PUT orders and cash out immediately.

I don't really know otherwise
    lol... well I think that's a real good question actually. keep your money under your floor tiles, keep some under your mattress or maybe dig a big hole in your back yard and keep it there... Real good question mate, with no real answer I guess...
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

LOL! i wish i could trade on PUT that time
    cash out immediately is a good one but my broker has my money? i guess i should get myself gold and dinar.
    otherwise i'll become a farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    LOL! i wish i could trade on PUT that time
    cash out immediately is a good one but my broker has my money? i guess i should get myself gold and dinar.
    otherwise i'll become a farmer
    Nothing wrong with being a farmer (: I guess somehow more relaxed style of living !
    “Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” ― Douglas Adams

I prefer to call it yardening, I turn my yard into a garden. Just saying, ..... but no real expectation of a market crash right now,

The trouble with Armageddon is it doesn't come with a health warning. You can only survive by diversifying, risking money that you can afford to lose after covering all your commitments, which is what the experts here advise.

In the 1987 crash I did buy a put. It gave me my best ever result, doubling in 24 hours. But I didn't know how to manage the trade exit so I am not satisfied with my performance.

Were you really in the markets in this incredible year, 1987?

If so you are really a veteran trader. I was a six year boy back then
    But I remember quite well the turbulence of 2008 and the flash crash of May 2010 and I am convinced that black swan events occur from time to time and the next one may be behind the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    Were you really in the markets in this incredible year, 1987?

If so you are really a veteran trader. I was a six year boy back then
    But I remember quite well the turbulence of 2008 and the flash crash of May 2010 and I am convinced that black swan events occur from time to time and the next one may be behind the corner!
    Yes, I started in 1986 and was experimenting with traded options so I knew the basics. I lived in the UK then and the Dow Jones collapsed on the Friday after the UK market had closed. I forget the details but suspect it fell about 250 points. There was plenty of time over the weekend to look at the comments in the media and think about what to do. On the Monday the Ftse100 opened over 100 points down and continued to fall. In those days electronic trading platforms were a piece of science fiction, deals were placed by phoning your broker who gave you his quote and phoned it through to the dealer in the exchange. Prices were moving too quickly for any sort of limit order so I had to trade at the market. Also there was little or no software to see live prices so I could only follow the market on the tv. It drove my wife mad when I constantly switched the set on to see what was happening. When I wanted to sell the situation was terrible. I got a quote but by the time it went through to the dealing desk it was no longer valid and I had to repeat the process with another quote. Bear in mind that the Ftse100 was about 3000 so we were seeing a fall of about 10% in the day. July and November 2007 were as exciting but it was much easier to follow what was happening.

Just to cheer you up, the author of the method I use suggested that the 2007 collapse could be a 5 point expanding triangle with a final downward leg to come, finishing in 2015, which would go below the low of 666 on the s&p500 we saw in 2009. I hope he's wrong but I won't breathe easy until 2016!

that's not happening, I don't think