indicator or mt4 freeze? !!!

Hi guys,

I recently installed a simple indicator that shows remaining candle time on MT4. The counter and candle freeze for up to 10 seconds sometimes longer at times. Now that I have seen the timer actually freezing I am reasonably sure that it is MT4 freezing and it does this with or without the indicator.(obviously harder to tell without the indicator to see a time frame of the actual freeze) My questions are.....

Is it likely to be the indicator?
    Is it MT4 in general that tends to do this?
    Does this happen with all MT4 providers or possible just the company I am currently using.

These freeze times I feel could cause huge variance in results (especially shorter time frames)no matter your strategy.
    My computer is hardly working to run MT4 and I think my internet speed should be more than enough to not be the cause.

Hope this all makes sense.
    Any feedback/comments appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazycat View Post
    Hi guys,

I recently installed a simple indicator that shows remaining candle time on MT4. The counter and candle freeze for up to 10 seconds sometimes longer at times. Now that I have seen the timer actually freezing I am reasonably sure that it is MT4 freezing and it does this with or without the indicator.(obviously harder to tell without the indicator to see a time frame of the actual freeze) My questions are.....

Does this happen with all MT4 providers or possible just the company I am currently using.

These freeze times I feel could cause huge variance in results (especially shorter time frames)no matter your strategy.
    My computer is hardly working to run MT4 and I think my internet speed should be more than enough to not be the cause.

Not sure if its due to the broker's server. Download my copy of MT4 to try: https://drive.google.com/?tab=eo&aut...nZJTEtwY2dPVWc

cheers Willyw, I downloaded and installed and it wont update and show charts. Happened to me with alpari demo too. Maybe it is my internet.

Hi guys,

I am not sure what is the exact indicator you are using but usually these candle-time indis display the change only when a new tick comes in (only when price moves). If price stalls for 10 secs or more (happens at times), the timer won't change and when a new tick comes it, it will "jump" to display the time. In other words, these indicators only display time if price moves.

It is likely not a problem with your MT4. However, you can try scrolling back and forth to see if it runs smooth, without interruptions; place an order and it should be activated immediately. If it feels clunky, delete some of the indicators on the chart and from your "indicators" folder.

Hope it helps.
    Cheers
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein (attributed)

cheers Willyw, I downloaded and installed and it wont update and show charts. Happened to me with alpari demo too. Maybe it is my internet.
    It happened with newly install MT4. Delete all the charts and re-add the charts and u will be running fine. I just post an updated MT4 version on my google drive.

For my new version, in the add server dialogue box u need to type in my server name as CMAP-Demo or 38.76.4.30, click scan and once my server is found click next n follow the instructions.

My versioon of MT4 : https://drive.google.com/?tab=eo&aut...nZJTEtwY2dPVWc

Thanks Bogdan makes perfect sense. Solved the issue with the mt4ticker in Boarts thread. Been pouring over this forum like a man possessed the last few months but missed his thread. Thanks again too Willyw.

You are most welcome, friend.