Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

help Bollinger Bands and ADX, with 120 sec expiry. !!!

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while but I was looking through some forums looking through some strategies and found this one which seems good but thought I'd post it here to see what all of you think. This is the link to it but I'll paste the strategy here too. http://www.binaryoptionstrategy.eu/3...adx-indicator/

So to start off the indicators it says to use are Bollinger Bands with a setting of 20-2, and ADX oscillator I'm guessing with the standard setting of 14. The charts are on a 1 minute chart or m1, with an expiry of 120 seconds or 2 minutes.

Now for the rules..... His English isn't the best but he basically says that if the price to touches the lower Bollinger band you take a call with an expiry of 120 seconds, and if the price touches the higher Bollinger band.... you guessed it take a putwith an expiry of 120 seconds.

Now you're probably thinking hold on what about the ADX??? Whats that got to do with anything. Well he briefly touches on it saying that when you have a call or put opportunity the ADX has to show a level below 30, preferably below 20 since we are looking for a cross market. He also mentions that you have to have a broker that lets you choose 120 expiries e.g 24 option and that the timezone and time that he uses this is every morning 9:00 to 12:00 Italian time. He's also put up pictures to show the trades that can be taken and which ones would be profitable which are below. The blue arrows are the trades that would be profitable and the red arrows or crosses are not.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AUDUSD.jpg 
Views:	728 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	2192Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eurusd.jpg 
Views:	729 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	2193

So that's really it guys. If you have any suggestions or things you think won't work or settings that will work better post them up. I'm going to be trying this to see how it works, on a demo account of course and ill post my results here for you all to see either every couple of days or every week.
    Last edited by Liam Morrison; 08-13-2014 at 05:07 AM.

Hey guys thought I'd update with the first trades I took using this strategy. So todays results starting at 17:08 and finishing at 18:24 NZST were 15 trades taken total. Out of those 15 trades there were 3 ties, 7 wins, and 5 losses. If i don't count the ties and just count the wins/losses it gave ma a 84% win rate for today which is awesome profit. If i do count the ties as well it gave me about a 51% which isn't a profit in the binary world. But I'm not counting the ties since i got the money back from them, which i think is the right way to do it (correct me if I'm wrong please). Screenshots below so you can see for yourselves. I'll update you all tomorrow.
    Have a good night, and with it good trades. On the second picture the trades started above the red line.

Name:	Trading for 13.08 #1.jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	2194

Name:	Trading for 13.08 #2.jpg 
Views:	722 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	2195
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.jpg  
    Last edited by Liam Morrison; 08-13-2014 at 06:55 AM.

OK scratch that. I did a few more trades they aligned with the time that the author said which for me is 7-10 pm NZST. I got in another 5 trades total, 3 more winners, 2 more losses, and stayed the same for ties. So todays total is 10 wins, 7 losses, and 3 ties. Which makes me at roughly 60% without ties for the day and 50% with ties.

Hey guys thought I'd update you all. So tonight was an off night for me with 5 winning trades, 5 losses and 1 tie. Not the best today but every strategy has it's off days. Hopefully it picks back up plus I am just testing to let you all know how it goes. See ya'll tomorrow with another update. Peace

Hey guys. Didn't get many trades out tonight but i got 3 done with 2 winners and 1 loss due to not following the rules. So tonight would have been promising since i missed a whole lot that would have been winners. I'll update you all next week when the markets open again for me.

Sounds like a lot of trades to me. Three trades per day is a lot. Of course, if you are a real day trader than it is ok. It may vary somewhere between 5-10 trades per day.

Hey Optionguy It was a lot but i got that many over the three hours. I want to find another indi that will help filter some of the trades, or add another conformation that it would be good to enter

So a good night tonight. Only 2 trades tonight but had 2 winners for an 100% for the day. Granted i only got to trade 30 minutes instead of the normal 2-3 hours but a good profit tonight. I'll be back on tonight to update you all See Ya.

show us your charts and entries please?

Hi Michael.
    So these are the trades i did tonight, I had 3 winners and 1 looser so 75% tonight. with a profit of $27.84 on a demo though.
    Here are the charts for my entries

For this one on the AUS/USD I did a put and traded on the red line. It touched the top Bollinger band and the ADX was below 30 and below 20 which seems to work better. Also I changed the ADX to 21 instead of 14 because it seems better for me also.

Name:	AUDUSDM1.jpg 
Views:	684 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	2213

This one was on the EUR/USD which was a put also. Yet again i traded on the red line. This time the price touched the top Bollinger band and was also below 30 like the strategy says. (below 20 is better from what i found though).

Name:	EURUSDM1.jpg 
Views:	674 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	2214

It wouldn't let me upload my 2 USD/JPY trades but same difference again. Two puts again bothe when price was at the top Bollinger band and ADX below 30. The first trade which won the ADX was below 20 also and everything else lined up. The second one ADX was below 30 and everything lined up but sadly was a loss that ended up with price shooting way above in a little spike of an uptrend.

Hope these help Michael and everyone else. If you have any suggestions let me know and I'll try them. So far it seems to be going well 22 out of 35 trades have been winners and 13 losses which is a 65% rate, so making money.