Poll: Should I Take a Bonus? and How Much?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Take a Bonus? Q&A Thread !!!

Binary Options brokerages are launched every month. No wonder, the industry is booming – to attract traders it's quite a common practice to offer bonus money for prospective customers. Now the question is... is this really something legit so you can gain some advantage in your early trades, or just something crooked? Check out the threads below to see what the biggest BO community thinks of it.

http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....tforms-bonuses (Hot)
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....tforms-bonuses (Closed for discussion, Similar to above)
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....e-Bonus-or-not (Hot)
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....s-Is-it-a-trap (Hot)
    http://forums.binaryoptionsthatsuck....just-the-bonus

Newcomers: Join those discussions if you have any question about taking a bonus, or simply post it here if you can't find the right answers!

2. Thanks Pinayito, khyangg thanked this post
    Hi guys,

This thread is dedicated to combine all the discussions about bonuses. To take or not to take them !? My personal believe is that taking the offered bonus is not the right step and it can force you to trade more in order to meet the necessary turnover and this will lead to excessive risk and eventual failure of your trading at the very beginning of your trading career when you have to be mostly cautious, but everyone should decide by yourself. If he is willing to trade aggressively with many contracts and big volume, than taking the bonus is ok.

4. Thanks Pinayito thanked this post
    I flly agree with Kolyo. Why most traders fail? Is because of greed. What is the objective of trading? Profit and not bonuses. So trading normally and follow the trend is the best and not because of bonuses which burnt your account.

6. Thanks Pinayito thanked this post
    bonuses mostly suck, but for a newbie or a small depositor can help with leverage and manage risk if UNDERSTOOD and USED properly.

8. Thanks Pinayito thanked this post
    I agree with Michael, but letís clearly say bonuses can help only if they are clearly understood as rebates and risk hedge not as something that we can take as sure money. They can only serves as reducing risks while trading for the long term with low risk. All other way forcing to meet the turnover fast will be devastating to the account balance.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

I did take a bonus back when I started, a big one too.
    In retrospect I have to say that I don't regret that choice at all, in fact it saved me
    from blowing my account. However, I was sure that I didn't need to make
    any withdrawals until I had covered my losses and learned to trade profitably.
    Therefore, not being able to make withdrawals was not of my concerns so
    a big bonus was not an issue. Also, the brokers rules were acceptable.
    Meaning I could withdraw my own investment any time in case I didn't want to trade
    anymore. That at least is reasonable

11. Thanks Pinayito thanked this post
    Itís ok only if you donít depend on the bonus to save you from losing. Beginning should be about being bold enough to risk your own savings. Being backed up might help you at a particular moment, but it can also delay your development and improvement. Psychologically at least.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

13. Thanks Pinayito thanked this post
    Bonus is just a tool to attract new traders. It propels the traders to make rash trades and lose money. The terms and conditions are so difficult that I feel it is better to not go for it.

15. Thanks Pinayito thanked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hodges View Post
    bonuses mostly suck, but for a newbie or a small depositor can help with leverage and manage risk if UNDERSTOOD and USED properly.
    Trading with leverage can be risky especially in Binary. I would Recommend not to trade on a leverage which is over 10 in Binary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolyo View Post
    Hi guys,

This thread is dedicated to combine all the discussions about bonuses. To take or not to take them !? My personal believe is that taking the offered bonus is not the right step and it can force you to trade more in order to meet the necessary turnover and this will lead to excessive risk and eventual failure of your trading at the very beginning of your trading career when you have to be mostly cautious, but everyone should decide by yourself. If he is willing to trade aggressively with many contracts and big volume, than taking the bonus is ok.
    Indeed, it should depend on the trader if he/she will accept the bonus. In my case, when they offered me a bonus of 50% of my deposit, I asked them right away what's the catch and they said, no catch! Yeah right! My fault that I did not read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS first before depositing. Anyways, I learned about the bonus "CATCH" after I made a withdrawal request with Regal Option. I say...DON'T TAKE THE BONUS!!!