Poll: Should I Take a Bonus? and How Much?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah, well I guess that it depends on the broker. When I started trading I took a bonus too and it didn't all go wrong. You just need to be patient but trading is all about patience anyway.

almost all bonus are designed so you can never get to your money and will loose it all with sometimes a turnover of 50!
    Now there is a bonus I do recommend for any trader. It's when the broker gives you 2 separate account. One is your deposit money for example $500 and then then may give you a bonus of $250. So the only place a turnover occurs is on the $250 so you always have access to your deposit money ie $500.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1953 View Post
    almost all bonus are designed so you can never get to your money and will loose it all with sometimes a turnover of 50!
    Now there is a bonus I do recommend for any trader. It's when the broker gives you 2 separate account. One is your deposit money for example $500 and then then may give you a bonus of $250. So the only place a turnover occurs is on the $250 so you always have access to your deposit money ie $500.
    what broker does that?

Stockpair was offered summer promotion. Deposit $250 and you get 100% after $10000 trade volume will be expired after one month. Bonus was $250.

Letís summarize. The bonus is not bad in one case Ė if you donít want to make withdrawal anywhere soon. Thus it provides additional risk protection, but only if you know how to protect yourself through a moderate and wise money management, i.e. not going all in with the bonus amount to make the turnover fast. If you donít have the ability to leave all your investment intact for long period of time (at least several months) and need withdrawals or if you donít know how to trade than bonus is not for you.
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder

a couple of brokers I know have the good bonus program having 2 separate accounts 1 for your actual deposit money to which you always have access and 1 for the bonus which needs to wait for the turnover. There are probably more.One is called Thunder(something) The other is MarketsWorld. This is the only kind of bonus that can actually help a trader imo

OptionTrade also has that kind of bonus arrangement. The bonus volume must be traded 20 times.

Edit: The bonus + deposit volume must be traded 20 times.
    Last edited by Frontline; 10-13-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontline View Post
    OptionTrade also has that kind of bonus arrangement. The bonus volume must be traded 20 times.
    all brokers do. the differences are in total turnover. a good broker will not tie you completely to bonus restrictions, a bad broker will give you a 100% bonus without even asking you.
    ďDon't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.Ē ― Douglas Adams

Rookie Member
    no bonus from any broker

I won’t say NO to any bonus or promotion, because sometimes they are good way to hedge your risk, but I will say if you don’t know what are you doing and if you are not trading for the long run and would like to withdraw fast profits than bonuses are not for you. Let me explain. If you are trading for the long run and you are sure that you will aim to make big turnover over long period of time and than you will receive your bonus without making excessive risks. However if you are not planning to trade for the long run with low risk per trade, or if you trade with borrowed money you will want to make the turnover fast and you will take excessive risks and eventually will lose all your deposit. It is really simple math
    "The goal of a successful trader is to make the best trades. Money is secondary." - Alexander Elder