Thread: MT4 Ticker

MT4 Ticker !!!

If you want to smooth out your mt4 feed this little gem might help. It's free and been using it for a long time but since the build they have made it very very nice.

Quote: MT4Ticker helps you develop software for slow moving and motionless markets. MetaTrader executes your project according to each tick, and MT4Ticker simulates ticks by transmitting them to the terminal. By doing this, MetaTrader will think that the market is moving.

It does make a huge difference to my mt4 feed.

fx1.net/mt4ticker.php

Requires registration but don't get spammmed at all.

BoArt

explain more about this. why would you want your mt4 to think themarket is moving if it isn't? enquiring minds want to know.....

Michael I think it's worded wrong in the sense that they are referring to backtesting over weekends or when the market is closed. During market hours however, the ticker takes the lag off mt4 when it does happen. If you use a clock on your chart for instance you will see it counting down a seconds with little lags....because the chart is waiting for ticks to come through. When using this the clock example works like a charm. It does not affect it in any way as I have tested it with the FTT bridge to dukascopy.

Hope my explanation makes sense...

Cheers Boart, works a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by boart View Post
    Michael I think it's worded wrong in the sense that they are referring to backtesting over weekends or when the market is closed. During market hours however, the ticker takes the lag off mt4 when it does happen. If you use a clock on your chart for instance you will see it counting down a seconds with little lags....because the chart is waiting for ticks to come through. When using this the clock example works like a charm. It does not affect it in any way as I have tested it with the FTT bridge to dukascopy.

Hope my explanation makes sense...
    sounds like one more reason I'm glad I use charts from Java, Java Chart, I get them from OPtionsXpress but I have seen them available at binary.com too I think, not a great broker but great charts none the less.