Thread: PIPs questions

Rookie Member

PIPs questions !!!

Ok... my questions is around PIPs. I saw somewhere listed was a formula for calculating pips. I understand it fairly well (I think).
    My questions is basically around another formula i (thought) i saw. It was as follows and i'm basically just wanting to know whether it's true. it showed that each PIP ABOVE the strike that you were was a multiplier.

Price X Positions X PIP

ex.
    30(price) X 2 (position) X 1 (PIP) = $

So my questions is really about being several PIPs over and if its a true "multiplier" or if it's a fractional increase due to Lots.

Any clarity is appreciated.

Dan

Maybe a Forex site is a better place for this question

Quote Originally Posted by danimaltex View Post
    Ok... my questions is around PIPs. I saw somewhere listed was a formula for calculating pips. I understand it fairly well (I think).
    My questions is basically around another formula i (thought) i saw. It was as follows and i'm basically just wanting to know whether it's true. it showed that each PIP ABOVE the strike that you were was a multiplier.

Price X Positions X PIP

ex.

So my questions is really about being several PIPs over and if its a true "multiplier" or if it's a fractional increase due to Lots.

Dan
    this really has to do with what platform you are trading on, what types of positions you are trading and the asset. Tells us some of that information and we can help you. Basically though a pip is the smallest amount an asset is traded in. The Euro trades to x.xxxx usually so the last 0.000x is the pip, if it moves one then it is one pip. This times the number of lots you have is the number of pips gained in your account, and the number of pips in the account times the levered amount is how much moolah you make, if you are so lucky as to make some moolah. However, my friend Seasalt Mcfish is more right than I, your question is more for a forex forum but glad to help out anyway. In binary options pips doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by danimaltex View Post

Price X Positions X PIP

ex.

Dan
    Hi danimaltex, your question is a forex trading related question. Here is a site that has a pip calculator that will help you in calcualting pips, http://www.fxdd.com/us/en/forex-reso...g-calculators/