Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What was your "I give it up" moment? !!!

Curious about how you guys went through that stage.

I didn't really have such a moment, although I was close when I had trouble with my previous broker.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardD View Post
    Curious about how you guys went through that stage.
    I had once lost $400 in just a couple of days and almost blew up my account. Although after that i gave up on trading for a while but i came back strong again with better planning and understanding of the market.

Unlike SeasaltMcFish I had such moments every time I lost haha.
    Now I know I win it back, I still bi*** about it a little bit but thanks to keeping a diary
    and focusing on why I lost I get over it after a short while.

Almost all of us had such moments in the past. Some more remarkable some less, but the important is that everything is good now and we passed through them successfully

I feel the same way as Okane. There is no 100% winning strategy so eventually we all loose some money and again eventually we win it back. I feel stupid everytime I loose, but I always cheer up by reminding myself that it's not a real loss if I don't quit and ofc that's true on 2 levels:

1. I haven't quit --> I haven't completely disappointed myself.

2. After I restore my balance, I cover the losses, something that can't happen if I quit.

Rookie Member
    About a month ago on Friday, 11th. I was fooling around during London opening and lost nine times in a row. Demo fortunately. I pulled my teeth and ground my hair and then decided to rather get serious with this. I believe it was also around that time when i signed up for this forum.

its kinda hard to ask that here..........considering everyone is still here............trading

It was about 2 years ago when I forgot about a position I made (I had family problems so I wasn’t at the computer for a relatively long time) and when I checked it, I found my account empty. But yet again, it was a stupid mistake so I decided not to quit trading and I am happy with that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by COGSx86 View Post
    its kinda hard to ask that here..........considering everyone is still here............trading
    COGSx86, I think that’s the exact reason why he’s asking this question. Quitting itself is not very interesting. It’s obvious that it’s a story like “I lost money, I Decided to stop”. But it’s kind of interesting to hear about a moment of your life when you were really disappointed in your trading abilities and more importantly – how you overcame this period. I think this could be inspirational to people who are right now at that place in their trading careers.